Colorado grown <3

MrsMommaB

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2016
Colorado
Hello from Western Colorado!
I am a new chicken mom! I got 6 hens nearly 6 weeks ago. 2 barred rock, 2 blue andalusians and I THOUGHT 2 white leghorns but one of them turned out to be a buff orpington. I was a bit annoyed at first but she's a sweetie and I just love her and her fluffy butt. I may have to rename her though because her name was Betty White and she's a yellow chicken. hmmmm.... Anywho, I got them for company and for eggs of course. I love the heck out of them!! One of them struggled a bit at first (white leghorn) with getting picked on, then constipation and then cocci, but we seem to have got it figured out thank goodness and she's working on catching up with the rest of them! Hopefully will be out in their coop here soon. Cheers all you chicken lovers!! Thanks for having me... :)

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

Thanks guys!

I have to say, chickens are something I never imagined I would want but now......I could stare at them for hours. I feel like they're my newest children and I have three other (human) children already. I just love these girls.
I have really appreciated being able to come here to research since this journey started. :)

A warm welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom