Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

Anyone have any eggs they would like to sell in Southern Colorado? Getting ready to set mine and I'd like to fill the tray.

Are you looking for LF or bantams? My bantams are separated, but was thinking of separating my JG's???? Let me know if you might be interested in any?

I set my eggs already for this week, but would be interested in some in the next week or two, LF or bantam. The 4 I hatched from your Bantam Cochins are doing well, just moved out to the chick pen in the shed coop. 1 is obviously larger than the other three, in Silkies that often indicates males, is that how it is with BC as well?

Quote: I have not noticed that the bigger chicks tend to be males, but that comb is a give away, usually by week four you will know if you have pullets, or cockerels. Some of the boys will do the food call as two day olds, my last few chicks that acted like they were calling others for food, turned out to be boys!

Nice that you might have only one boy!

I have been putting the bantam eggs in the fridge to have some to make pickled eggs, I can start saving some for you to incubate. When will you set again, or do you do staggered hatches??

I have not noticed that the bigger chicks tend to be males, but that comb is a give away, usually by week four you will know if you have pullets, or cockerels. Some of the boys will do the food call as two day olds, my last few chicks that acted like they were calling others for food, turned out to be boys!

Nice that you might have only one boy!

I have been putting the bantam eggs in the fridge to have some to make pickled eggs, I can start saving some for you to incubate. When will you set again, or do you do staggered hatches??

I set every week, I incubate 18 days in the cabinet then move to a hatcher. I usually set on Saturday or Sunday, but some weeks I get too busy and don't set until Monday or Tuesday. I had someone contact me at the last minute this past weekend who wanted to bring me eggs Monday to hatch for her, so I set Monday night this week. My hatches have mainly been just the couple dozen or so of my own eggs the last few weeks, this set was 46 chicken eggs (31 of mine) and 3 duck eggs.

You will have to let me know if you want some of the chicks from your eggs back, or if you want some from the trio I got last month from Kansas to broaden your gene pool, at some point in the future - the first 8 eggs of theirs I set are all developing :) - or I am happy to just buy the eggs from you, whatever suits you best.

Back
Top Bottom