Colorado

Hatch outcome:
51 eggs, 39 lockdown, 26 hatched, 1 deceased, leaving 25 chicks. Broody all 7 eggs hatched.

AND ask and you shall receive mean OEG went broody BUT BUT also:
Blue Orphington - given to me a month ago because she was broody but rejected the eggs and wanted to be a hen again
OEG hen that pretended last year
BO hen completed first year of lay just this month
and another not sure what breed she is but looks like a SLW but with feathers on her feet.
So kinda glad I won't be incubating eggs again I'll be giving my delaware eggs to the broodies.

Here are some pics of the May hatch:

I've never seen or had a chick thats been white with a tinge of silver. She's the one on top of the food.

My husband broke ground with the new coop today.
ya.gif

I am so stressed, living in a crappy hotel with a bed harder then the floor. Who would have thought Highlands Ranch was progressive??? Aurora, most of Parker, Castle Rock, parts of Littleton...no chickens???? ***, I don't know how much more of this I put my husband through.

I live close to that farm on Woodman. I noticed an add on Craiglist that looked/sounded a lot like this farm, and they listed poultry and other livestock for sale. Not sure if that is still an available resource for rehoming roosters.

Last edited:
[/IMG] Two of my roos with another in the distance and pretty boy behind the outside coop. I just gave them all watermellon.

pretty boy. He's the son of my black beauty. He's very gentle and still comes to me so I can hold him and love on him.

olive egger roo. The pictures doesn't do him justice. He has blues and green sheen to his feathers with the burnt orange feathers on the black. He also has a multisyllabic crow. He doesn't sound like a rooster. He sounds like a foghorn almost. He holds it long in the middle. I'm trying to get it on tape to share.

Last edited:
Minchi, have you looked out east? We live an hour from Denver, probably less since I always go to Morrison. I live in Elbert Cty, El Paso, Elbert Cty line area, in a couple block "rural subdivision, no home owners ***. And the lots around 10 acres. Homes around 200,000, here but we just stumbled on it. We don't have cell service etc, but we do have chickens.

Minchi, have you looked out east? We live an hour from Denver, probably less since I always go to Morrison. I live in Elbert Cty, El Paso, Elbert Cty line area, in a couple block "rural subdivision, no home owners ***. And the lots around 10 acres. Homes around 200,000, here but we just stumbled on it. We don't have cell service etc, but we do have chickens.

DH works in southern tech center, his boss gave him a raise to keep him close to work so our options have become limited. :(

Back
Top Bottom