Colorado

We had tons of blossoms on our pear tree and apple tree. But then we had that freeze. Nothing now. The trees are gowing nicely though.....

Yep, my MIL has a peach tree and every year we get the best peaches and peach jam...not this year. That first hail storm wiped out all the buds, but the tree itself looks wonderful. I joke about fighting my niece for the few peaches that are on there.

I have a black thumb but have wanted a fruit tree for a while. What kind does the best out here? I am hoping I can talk DH into chopping down the aspen (irritating thing, I am constantly yanking out the root-babies) and replacing it with a fruit tree.

I have a black thumb but have wanted a fruit tree for a while. What kind does the best out here? I am hoping I can talk DH into chopping down the aspen (irritating thing, I am constantly yanking out the root-babies) and replacing it with a fruit tree.

my cherry tree is the only plant that did well with me.

Do you know what the weirdest thing growing in my green house this year is peanuts I can't beleave it but they are doing well along with potatos aperently the rocks make them tast good and they are really pretty.

Quote: I'm having problems with most of my crops this year. Last year everything got wiped out by the hail, and I still got a ton of veggies without even trying. This year, I have odd (different from last year) microclimates ... and things are just not producing. Except for the volunteer lettuce and spinach. I had a lot of non-starters (carrots, "planned" lettuces, corn), and slow growing tomato plants.

I was also hoping to get enough to can again this year, but I don't see that happening, yet.

I'm super impressed with your harvest from last year! I can't claim anything near that. You'll need to tell me your secret.

One thing I have noticed is that things grow better in Aurora and Denver than they seem to in Parker. For me, at least. (I have a community garden plot in Aurora, and it's doing better than my garden in Parker.) Frustrating year, to say the least.

Well, that would make DH happy. He LOVES cherries. :)

Me too! Now if I can have better luck with strawberries?

Oshun- Are you the one who just moved to Parker? I ask because I just did as well. My parents lived here before and told us to expect "more weather" here. ;-)

working with a cell phone here, ot is not as easy as I would like it to be. :p

Last edited:
Ping and Poof still need a good forever home. Ping is a Pekin and Poof is a White Crested. Both are drakes and get along great with other animals. If you are interested in them please send me a PM. They are free to a loving home.

frow.gif
Hi Everyone! Guess I really hit a nerve with the gardening stuff. I sorta feel responsible for changing the thread. lol sorry.

Welp just be positive we got prob another 60 days give or take depending on the area. A lot can still be done in that time. And don't forget the fall garden.

I am happy to report that I got 3 eggs today from 5 hens. Thats been a improvement for the week. Come on Organic food and do the trick. :)

Off to dinner @ Tag restaurant for my hubby's 40th!!! So excited to try the food!!

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom