Colorado

So just wanted to post a shot of this cutie, she is one of our BO x EE and she is already getting puffy cheeks. Some are getting so cute now!

Will be moving them tomorrow to new brooding spot in small coop. Will post up pics tomorrow but did most the work today. It felt good to be in the sun!

Look at her posing for the shots! What a cutie!

When i got home today and started my normal rounds. You know, walk past the house. Look at the yard, garden, greenhouse, creek. On the way to the coop to look at chickens and collect eggs. I found 9 chicken eggs and then checked the quail for eggs. I found 5 normal sized quail aggs and then this tiny little one. Her is a picture of the egg. I dont think i have ever seen such a small egg.
I too have a broody crew. My tailess dominique and my soeckled sussex. I sure an glad i have some eggs due to hatch this week, so i can give them a couple chicks.

Holy smokes, that egg is super tiny!

My little 2mos old cockerel is developing a split at the back of his comb & it looks like he might end up growing a comb that will look like a pair of horns around his mohawk. This cracked me up to discover last night. He has also gone from making velociraptor noises, to xenomorph (the aliens in Aliens) noises, to a mix of both with the pattern of an actual crow. I'm going to need to move them out before his finally figures out how to crow properly.

Holy smokes, that egg is super tiny!

My little 2mos old cockerel is developing a split at the back of his comb & it looks like he might end up growing a comb that will look like a pair of horns around his mohawk. This cracked me up to discover last night. He has also gone from making velociraptor noises, to xenomorph (the aliens in Aliens) noises, to a mix of both with the pattern of an actual crow. I'm going to need to move them out before his finally figures out how to crow properly.
That's one great looking little bird, Uzi. :)

Well, today I got my four 6-week-old BO's integrated with the rest of the flock. Went pretty seamless because the've all been in the coop together for a couple weeks but separated by a chicken wire partition. The youngers get frequent pecks from the older BA's and PBR's but nothing too rough. They all just seem to want to let the new girls know their place.

Hi,

Well I am posting this post with an extremely heavy heart. We got news that we will need to move, we are unsure yet of time frames. So we have spent the last couple days trying to figure out a plan for our flock, we realistically can't take all of them with us. We are working on a space to go to but we would need to downsize. So we will be selling most of our one year old layers.

Our breeds are as follows:

Hens
Barred Rock - 4
Delaware - 5
Dark Cornish - 4 - one is broody and sitting on 8 eggs.
Easter Eggers - 3-5
Rhode Island Red - 2
Welsummer's - 1 maybe two

Buff Orphington Rooster.

All have been vaccinated for Marek's as chicks, we are asking $20 for each laying hen and the roo. Please PM me if you are interested, I wanted to offer to the Colorado Thread before I post in the general section.

Right now our plan is to keep a couple layers ( two EE and one Welsummer) and the chicks we just hatched, but that mighty change down the road.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well I am posting this post with an extremely heavy heart. We got news that we will need to move, we are unsure yet of time frames. So we have spent the last couple days trying to figure out a plan for our flock, we realistically can't take all of them with us. We are working on a space to go to but we would need to downsize. So we will be selling most of our one year old layers.

Our breeds are as follows:

Hens
Barred Rock - 4
Delaware - 5
Dark Cornish - 4 - one is broody and sitting on 8 eggs.
Easter Eggers - 3-5
Rhode Island Red - 2
Welsummer's - 1 maybe two

Buff Orphington Rooster.

All have been vaccinated for Marek's as chicks, we are asking $20 for each laying hen and the roo. Please PM me if you are interested, I wanted to offer to the Colorado Thread before I post in the general section.

Right now our plan is to keep a couple layers ( two EE and one Welsummer) and the chicks we just hatched, but that mighty change down the road.

So sorry COChix, I have been through the same thing. I hope you find good homes for everyone.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry COchik the same thing happened to me exept I was working on a red Jungle Fowl project and everything went to ruin becuase we had to move from PA to CO and we had to move into an apartment for a few months until we found our house and I had to sell 20 birds for 40$ becuase the guy didn't want to pay 10 buck each and my parents made me sell them to him and I was devastated and they were year old hens like yours and I atleast got him up to 40 becuase he was only going to give me 1 dollar each but no and this was only 2 years ago but atleast now I have all the hens but now my parents said NO MORE

Back
Top Bottom