Colorado

My daughter doesn't drive... She texted me today and asked if I could take her grocery shopping. Went to Sprouts and just looking saw they had these huge section chunks of swordfish! Haven't seen sections that size and looking that good in years. Each was about an inch thick and weighed right about a pound. These steaks were the size of my open hand! Anyway, I HAD to pick some up, especially when I saw it was only $5.99/pound
ep.gif
celebrate.gif

Froze all but one, had to keep out one steak for the grill tonight.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
Haven't had a good grilled swordfish steak like that in a long time. My old dog hasn't had scraps like those in years and she remembered all too well and was a royal pest till she got her skin and dark meat. The new dog got his first taste and not surprisingly, he appreciates fine seafood just like the rest of us
wink.png
It sure is nice to have some good fish in the freezer for later. I think I have 9-10 more steaks frozen for later use.

Last edited:
Uzi, I am glad she is dong better. Always a worry when one has an issue of any kind. Glad the damage was not something that could not be fixed too. Now time for you to get better too.

I second the suggestion of Feeders Supply in Fort Collins for the turkey poults. They are super nice people there.

LS, NOT nice to tease us. (Meatloaf and taters for dinner not seafood here.
sad.png
)

Well off to make the taters.

Hatch is over, no other chicks hatched. The three amigos are doing well and are cute. All from @Percheron chick one EE and two Olive Egger. The chipmunk strip light colored one hatched from the RO egg, the darker chipmunk stripe one from an OE and the grayish one for the other OE.

Last edited:
I got my Coturnix quail chicks. Got 6 Italitain, 2 dilute, and the rest wild color. 20 in total. Had a little scare when they wouldn't use the mama heating pad cave. They got really cold and where peeping and shaking. I ended up putting in a heat lamp and they all seem to be doing fine.
They are so tiny!

The size difference could be from the RO being 9 months old and the other 2 eggs 3&4 out of a 5 month old. Sorry you had such a lousy hatch.

Thanks, at least we got three! Tried sexing them this am based on wing feathers. I am no expert but here is my educated guess....two rows of wing feathers means pullet, one row cockerels.

First to hatch from the RO egg - looks pullet

Second to hatch from a Olive Egg. Cockerel

The tiny one

Last to hatch from Olive Egg - pullet. Harder to tell on this one as wings aren't as pronounced.

How did I do you chicken experts?

Last edited:
I've never tried feather sexing but I can say that these crosses have been nearly impossible to sex as they grow.

Geez thanks for that! Guess we will just have to see. So if one is a cockerel, if it is an Olive Egger, it would carry the Olive gene?

What color eggs will the following mixes lay?

OE x EE -
OE x Welsummer -
OE x brown egg layer

Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom