Colorado

Uzi! I adore your tame little pea chicks. I know nothing of telling males from females as chicks. You are researching I am sure and know way more in your pinky finger about them then I can ever hope to learn. I do very much enjoy watching your flock grow up.
:thumbsup

Rode the motorcycle to work today. It was a good day to ride. Of course someone else's lack of planning created emergencies so work was rough.
I am super sore from it all.

I hope everyone is ready for the coming heat wave.

Hi all been away from the site for a bit. Looks like there has been a change in the website and app. The email i have using for the past 20 years doesnt work with BYC since the change. Strange. I had to set up an alternative so i can still post and keep in contact.
All is well at the small farm. Geese are hatching and i just installed bees a couple weeks ago. That was quite the experience. Being a bee keeper is quite interesting. The chickens pretty much stay away from them. My flock is now at about 40. To include 6 roosters.
The wife would bot let me fire up the home made incubator this spring as she does not like dealing with the inevitable rooster population explosion after the hatch.
UZI. You must be doing something right with the peafowl as you are able to harch them. They are cute little buggers.
Figured i would check in.

Hi!
I'm in Durango. Actually Hermosa, just a little bit north of Durango.

I'm looking to add a Polish to my flock just because I love their Tina Turner hairdos. I haven't been able to find a local breeder nearby yet and so I'm looking for help with that.

I also am looking for a good home for one of my two roosters. A friend of mine told me she's heard that cock fighting people answer ads for free roosters and I DONT want that for my bird. I suppose if I can't ensure that he will not end up in a situation like that I will just keep him.

Anyway. If you're in or near Durango. Give me a shout!

Hi!
I'm in Durango. Actually Hermosa, just a little bit north of Durango.

I'm looking to add a Polish to my flock just because I love their Tina Turner hairdos. I haven't been able to find a local breeder nearby yet and so I'm looking for help with that.

I also am looking for a good home for one of my two roosters. A friend of mine told me she's heard that cock fighting people answer ads for free roosters and I DONT want that for my bird. I suppose if I can't ensure that he will not end up in a situation like that I will just keep him.

Anyway. If you're in or near Durango. Give me a shout!
What breed of chicken are your rooster? I have Buffs but no roosters. I may be interested if it is a buff rooster.

IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

Oh my goodness. I continue to fall in love more with these 3 every day. They were being fussy the other night & I got them to calm down by letting Fin & Mim (the darker ones) fall asleep on the back of my neck in my hair & Sy (the lighter one) under my chin. The only problem I have is that when they poop on me, it is the worst smell I have ever encountered. :lol: I also go through about 5 t-shirts a day because of that. I'm currently trying to figure out how to move them outside in a bigger brooder for July. They're about the size of my hand now, but the previously mentioned smell is going to be an issue as they get larger. Dookashi isn't magic, as much as I wish it were. It just going to be difficult for me to not have them within ear/eyesight 24/7. I'm such a helicopter mom.

IMG_2402.JPG

The Wild Bunch here is also maturing & getting ready to be outside full time (they still come in at night right now). Sectioning off a part of the pen last year's chicks are in was a good idea. They've been getting used to each other for a month now & it's been going great. Maze mysteriously got into their side the other night & they were all just hanging out, no fighting. Eventually, I'd like to get Ronan, Lucien, One-Two & Mumbles in the pen together & move Pip, Maze & Mina in with the older hens. I have to finish raising the aviary ceiling first so I can move Memnoch & Mercury into their own area. Right now, it's just trying to get out of my depression & getting help with all that that's the hurdle.

I hope y'all are doing okay in the heat! Thank goodness for the cooler weather this weekend!

Mighty quiet around here.
Finally getting enough eggs to satisfy my customers. Every year I have this problem where the magpies raid the nest as soon as the hen hops off. Need a permanent solution short of coop confinement.
More dumpster diving today. Hummus is on the menu. Hope chickens like it.

Back
Top Bottom