Colorado

I wish I had at that place, lol, but it was a rental. I have one on my porch now (and security cameras), sadly the moths set it off most of the time, but it was what lead to running off a fox at 1AM one night. Sniff around my chickens.... *grumble grumble* He hasn't come back!

AB2AC26A-01B1-44C7-A276-F09D1DEA1BF0.jpeg

I have been busy trying to get the polish to start roosting in the coop at night. Mixed results on this since a majority of them can’t see well already due to their crest feathers. I’ve got both the males that hatched with them going in on their own, so I’m hoping the females will start to follow them more.

C4698DE2-8907-4BDB-849B-13EB3787AA79.jpeg

Mumbles here has decided to put all his energies into getting my attention every time I’m outside. I have no idea why since he’s always been a hands off kinda chicken. He sure does talk a lot like his mom, though.

E7544229-7FA7-40D8-BDF2-1D34DD156791.jpeg
1EB18723-BCDA-48E8-A150-2FDCF446C31C.jpeg

These two are getting so big. Horus still doesn’t like to be handled & Jareth thinks he’s just one of the girls.

I’m still not ready for winter! I caught a terrible cold over the weekend & it’s just kicking my butt. I haven’t gotten anything done!

Once again your birds amaze me Uzi! Very handsome fellow in Mumbles. Holy hackle feathers he is handsome.

Don't worry to much about not being ready. We should hold in the 20+ at night and 50's during the days for a while yet.

The "cold" going around has already visited my house. I do hope you feel better soon. I found nyquil (Kroger equivalent) helped a lot.

I covered my hoop run in 6mil HDX plastic. That is all I got done so far.

:hugs get better.

Once again your birds amaze me Uzi! Very handsome fellow in Mumbles. Holy hackle feathers he is handsome.

Don't worry to much about not being ready. We should hold in the 20+ at night and 50's during the days for a while yet.

The "cold" going around has already visited my house. I do hope you feel better soon. I found nyquil (Kroger equivalent) helped a lot.

I covered my hoop run in 6mil HDX plastic. That is all I got done so far.

:hugs get better.

Mumbles is my monster rooster! LOL He’s so huge compared to everyone else. Looks like I started a rooster rescue without really meaning to!

I hope I start feeling better soon, too. I’ve just today gotten into the “cough so hard you make yourself almost pass out” stage of the cold, so I’m hoping things are on an upswing here.

I did pick up my order of 6mil HDX today! So, slowly working on getting things done. :D

You'll get there. Just don't over do it or you'll get coughing fits that feel like you're going to break a rib. Trust me I know.

A good veggie soup is nice too. I made one on day 5 of the cannot breathe stage. It's a good way to get liquids and veggies in.

:hugs Really bummed you are so sick.

I hope you feel better soon! We are supposed to have a week of nice weather so keep taking it easy on the coop work. :hugs
My neighbor and her family came down with whooping cough and she actually did break a couple of ribs coughing so hard. They were even vaccinated...

Lovely birds as usual Uzi. Mumbles looks like he is 90% male feathers and about 10% legs. Haha. Hope you feel better soon. Pineapple juice is a great cough suppressant.

Last night I watched "Chicken People" on Amazon Prime. Its a documentary about three people who breed show chickens. It also has interviews cut in with other breeders. It totally affirms that we chicken people are weird. :lau If nothing else, I would recommend watching it just to see all the gorgeous birds. :drool

Single digit temps overnight and the morning. The girls are fine and ran right out when I opened the pop door. I am no longer worried about my girls first winter.

I do have a tarp I want to use as a snow/wind block on a section of run still before the snow is as deep as the coop is tall, but otherwise I don't think they will need anything else.

If you are going to put up a tarp I highly suggest using ball bungees. I find that they allow the tarp more flexibility in the wind. I used a combination of carabiners and eye bolts in the past and the pressure caused by the wind would just tear the grommets out. And those weren't cheap tarps either. This year my giant tarp over the quail run has done well with the ball bungees. The wind it stronger out here on the open plains then what I was dealing with in the city.

Back
Top Bottom