1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    These are some of the young Calls[​IMG]

And another young Call in with the SHY Black Silkie chicks[​IMG]

2. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, we brought home Orion, a 4 yr old blue point Snowshoe.....my elderly 17 yr old cat has lung cancer.....he's been such sweet cat buddy. I have a soft spot for the Snowshoe cats, lovely personality. I saw Orion licking Sampson's head the other day. Pets make for happy yet heartbreaking times. [​IMG][​IMG]

Quote:The only thing worse that a chicken enabler is a cat or dog enabler!! [​IMG]

So does that mean you brought home one cat? I don't think anyone will mind if you post a pic! He looks really cute, but I'm already maxed out with 2 cats and 2 dogs. And one of the dogs just had surgery Friday for a bladder stone. Yuck!

3. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:The only thing worse that a chicken enabler is a cat or dog enabler!! [​IMG]

So does that mean you brought home one cat? I don't think anyone will mind if you post a pic! He looks really cute, but I'm already maxed out with 2 cats and 2 dogs. And one of the dogs just had surgery Friday for a bladder stone. Yuck!

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Cat!

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    What a beatiful kitty!! I'd get another one in a heartbeat but I've got 3 plus 3 dogs and then all my girls to tend to [​IMG]
    I really do love ALL kitties, animals for that matter but I've got a soft spot for Tuxedos and Calicos [​IMG]

6. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Orion is just beautiful! I can see why you're smitten! So sorry to hear about Sampson, but I'm sure he appreciates having a friend at this time.

7. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you ALL! I've spent 12 years with Sampson (known him longer than my husband!!!)
    I sympathize with the gentleman in Parker who lost his birds lately. Last week when we found Sampson's cancer, a raccoon or fox pulled 2 blue mottled cochin pullets through the chicken tractor 1.5 x 2 wire overnight. I woke to the second pullet screeching because her hip was chewed. How awful, she had to be euthanized and I've not yet caught the culprit in the live trap. BUT I did cover the chick tractor with tiny holed hailscreen. Another live & learn lesson.

Quote:

8. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Quote:
    Orion is handsome. So sorry about Sampson. It is so hard to lose them, even when they grow old. Lost my 19 year old kitty last year and an elderly dog this spring. Sorry about the cochins too. I hate predators!

9. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:Did you by any chance post an ad on Craigs List? There was one on there and now it's gone and I wondered if it got flagged or answered and if you found anyone?

10. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I did post on Craigslist and it probably did get flagged as Im sure some non chicken eating PETA member freaked out when they saw it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by