Colorado

Found this on CL. Anyone looking for goslings...

.[email protected] [?]
flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Posted: 2013-03-28, 7:23AM MDT
Goslings Need A Home Today! Please Help!

I need to re-home most of my goslings today!! They are all healthy and eating. They are 8 days old. Asking $5 each. Please e-mail me if interested. Thanks!
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3708590903
email to a friend

I usually love CL but there just isn't much out there these days. I've tried going through property management companies but most of them was $250 deposit per dog and an additional $25 per dog for "pet rent." Until those guys get a job I'm just not will to pay their rent! I talked to a real estate agent and because of the flop in the housing market, the rental market is running at 80+% occupancy. That's why rental prices right now are astronomical.

Preston that is the coolest little set up for your Mama and her kids. There is nothing sweeter than chicks standing on top of their Mama or all their little noggins peeking out from under her fluff.
love.gif

Last edited:
I checked the height it's 22 in from the ground
For six week olds, I think that roost may be a bit high, hard to say from the pic.  We usually leave the feeder and waterer inside the coop, but they're free to come and go so they have access to it at all times.  I think when it gets hotter it might be more important to have more water sources available.  I've always read that nesting boxes should generally be lower than roosts.  We've been using five gallon buckets with part of the lid cut out laid on their sides on the ground, chooks seem to like it fine.
Awesome! We're hoping to have some broodies at some point.

Found this on CL. Anyone looking for goslings...

.[email protected] [?]
flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Goslings Need A Home Today! Please Help!

I need to re-home most of my goslings today!! They are all healthy and eating. They are 8 days old. Asking $5 each. Please e-mail me if interested. Thanks!
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3708590903
email to a friend
:/ wish it was closer

I checked the height it's 22 in from the ground
well if it's too high now, I'm sure it won't be for long. We've got one roost similar to yours, I think it's at 18 inches, and a stepped one that offers various heights. Each roost has regulars, though the 18 inch seems to belong to the top of the pecking order. Pozees made a good point regarding height and possibility of injury for older/heavier birds. Our queen of the flock for a while was a large dark brahma, she always would roost in the center of the 18 inch roost, but I would shudder every time I heard the thud she made when she landed

Yes, they will be fine and probably much happier.  FWIW, I like to keep my roosts fairly low, and the nest boxes on the floor of the coop, so the roosts are usually only about 12-15" off the floor and just above the nest boxes to try and avoid any injuries to older or heavier birds jumping off the roosts.  As youngsters they can get a fair amount of altitude, but as they mature and their bodies get heavier the lift gets harder for them.
Yay they were fine last night! Mi e is 22 inches off the ground. I'm going to see about adjusting it and adding another. I haven't put the best boxes in yet since they're so young. Maybe I should

Big R has goslings, I'm just not sure when.

BTW: I have some ducks I'd love to find a home for. I'm not a duck person but would feel horrible if they were given to be dinner. I keep hoping the duck lover from Black Forrest will have room but so far, she doesn't. :(

Back
Top Bottom