Colorado

Ok folks.....I need some expert opinions here.

As most of you know, I successfully hatched 3 EE eggs in my Brinsea Mini Advanced on March 25. Those chicks are now 1 month and 2 days old. Anyway, I think that the first hatched, which I named "Chicky Rose Lee", may be a "Chicky Lee".

I have read up on sexing chicks and from what I can tell, Chicky looks like a cockerel to me and not a pullet. I am not zoned to have roosters so I'll have to find Chicky a new home once my suspicions are confirmed. I have pictures - also, is it normal for a chicken to have blue eyes?

Chicky hatched first and has always been bigger than the other two. They barely have combs developing, but have feathered out more. Their legs are smaller compared to Chicky's.

I really think Chicky is a cockerel....I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Thanks for your opinions!
D.gif
this forum is very active and they hlep sex EEs. the first page gives you tips and pictures on the differences between male and female. hope this helps.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/463817/easter-egger-sexing-tips-and-tricks-pictures-included

welcome-byc.gif
Natural Mama

edit to add since i forgot:

Natural Mama, what are you doing on May 18th do you thingk you'll be able to come to Chickenfest?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/763649/colorado-chickenfest-2013
Speaking of chickenfest.....

I no longer have butt..... it has been worked off getting ready.......

We have been in various stages of construction at my place for over 3 years now, and I can't believe the amount of scrap that had piled up. Yesterday afternoon one of my sons and I loaded up our trailer with scrap wood. It is 5 X 8 and haas 2 foot walls. It is piled about 5 feet deep. I will be unloading the wood (lots of nails, it was reused anyway from an old deck) and putting it in our big scrap pile. If anyone wants any of it, you are welcome to take it away. Some pieces are in the 5 ft length range and smaller. Mostly used 2x4's, but most is usable for small projects. Anything in the pile is free to who ever wants it. There are nails in most of the boards...

I posted this question in another forum but since I am in this Colorado thread more than any other I fiqure I would put it out here too.

I was wondering if Backyard Chickens has an app? If not, does any one else have a chicken app on their phone and if so what is it?

I posted this question in another forum but since I am in this Colorado thread more than any other I fiqure I would put it out here too.

I was wondering if Backyard Chickens has an app? If not, does any one else have a chicken app on their phone and if so what is it?
It does, and it works OK. I have it on my iphone. Just go to the apple store and search for BYC. Its free

Back
Top Bottom