Colorado

Sorry busy with the chaos of moving and planning a long trip to California right now. Sadly it sounds perfect but a bit high in price for us. That seams like what we keep running in to when we want land. It is either a tiny house or too high of a price or too far away. I wish you luck selling it.

Sadly had to say good by to my girls today, I sent them to the Windy Ridge Summer Camp while we look for a new home. Tried to say good bye but they were too busy with all the mulch and meal worms. Wendell you and Beth are great for taking them in for me.
No problem.

They were all three up and about this morning, though it appears that one of them spent the night in a nest box.....

So yesterday was another busy Saturday. I was able to get outside at about 7:30 AM to start the projects. Sadly, I didn't get all of them done.....

Got the older poults moved into pen #2. This is a grow-out pen with twice as large of a coop and they seem to enjoy it. No more heat lamp for them either. They did fine, though we had to coax them into the coop last night.

After the poults were moved, I got the coop in pen #4 and pen #5 moved towards the front of the pen, as opposed to at the rear. Those things are HEAVY! Got pen #4 ready for Holly's girls, and then spent some time with the chicks.

After being interrupted several times during the day for work phone calls, I finally got started on the rest of the projects. I got the framework done for the "Pin the head on the chicken" game and the frame for the beanbag toss done and ready for finishing; for Chicken Fest next week. I finalized plans for the rubber chicken launcher, but I will have to place some restrictions on the launching, because the sons and I were able to launch a rubber chicken about 75 yards..........

Today I will check the eggs coming out of the breeding pen to check for fertility.

So yesterday was another busy Saturday. I was able to get outside at about 7:30 AM to start the projects. Sadly, I didn't get all of them done.....

Got the older poults moved into pen #2. This is a grow-out pen with twice as large of a coop and they seem to enjoy it. No more heat lamp for them either. They did fine, though we had to coax them into the coop last night.

After the poults were moved, I got the coop in pen #4 and pen #5 moved towards the front of the pen, as opposed to at the rear. Those things are HEAVY! Got pen #4 ready for Holly's girls, and then spent some time with the chicks.

After being interrupted several times during the day for work phone calls, I finally got started on the rest of the projects. I got the framework done for the "Pin the head on the chicken" game and the frame for the beanbag toss done and ready for finishing; for Chicken Fest next week. I finalized plans for the rubber chicken launcher, but I will have to place some restrictions on the launching, because the sons and I were able to launch a rubber chicken about 75 yards..........

Today I will check the eggs coming out of the breeding pen to check for fertility.
LOL I can think of a few times that would be handy, at least if you can aim it :)

I went to the Pheasant and waterfowl swap in Brighton very few gamebirds at all mostly chickens. Was disappointing I want a pair of snowflake and Mexican bobwhite only saw a lone male snowflake bob. was the biggest swap I've been to in the last year though.

Moved all of our girls out into the coop today! I was so excited to get them outside but I miss that sweet chirping already!
How old are they? Mine are 11 weeks old and have been clucking for a few weeks but they often revert to chick peeps. One of them thinks it's a goose and makes some honks now and then. I hope it's not a roo.

Folks, I'm bringing my granddaugthers and we are looking for TAME gander, toul or african we really doing care, but it must be tame. The goose my wife has now jumps in her lamp and plays with her hair. So we are hoping to find it at the swap. Anyone bringing geese (ganders) ???

Terry in Byers

Terry posted this ont the other CO thread. Is anyone bringing tame geese to the swap in Brighton tomorrow morning?

I have a Sebastopol that I believe is a gander about two months old that needs a new home. He loved to do the same thing, although since he has been living outside for the past week and a half he seems a little more aloof. If Terry doesn't find what he needs at the Brighton event he should PM me. I haven't caught up all the way on this thread so maybe I've missed something since this has posted.

Happy Ma's Day to you all!!!

We had a late night at the Westernaires lastnight and couldn't drag my tired hiney out of bed early enough to get to the Brighton swap
barnie.gif
and I so have have to get rid of these roosters. When is the next swap? The Denver Urban swap?

No problem.

They were all three up and about this morning, though it appears that one of them spent the night in a nest box.....

So it was either the SLW Arry or the brown coat Zoe, betting on Zoe. When we had a night camera in there coop I would watch Menchi just plop herself on top of someone till they moved. At least they all made it in to the coop, I was worried they would try to sleep under it.

Happy Ma's Day to you all!!!

We had a late night at the Westernaires lastnight and couldn't drag my tired hiney out of bed early enough to get to the Brighton swap
barnie.gif
and I so have have to get rid of these roosters. When is the next swap? The Denver Urban swap?

Here's one in Wheatridge next Saturday http://wardlefeed.com/2013-calendar/
The Denver one's are on the 2nd Sat.

Back
Top Bottom