Colorado

Two Canadian geese on the pond yesterday, boy were they NOISY! Glad they come and go, not sure I would want that around full time. Our pond is getting smaller each year, and not very safe to put domestic fowl on it, no where for them to overnight, so the wild water fowl are fun to watch. Oh, and my daughter found a very tiny frog, seems they are Chorus Frogs (sp), so we had to find it some food today, black ants were on the menu for him, as we could not find one bug.
big_smile.png
He will go out near the pond in a day or two.
Ditto and I think it is because the sound just echos and rolls up the valley. And Spring is really here because the ants are out..., forget the hummingbirds, they show up almost before the Spring snows
lau.gif
!

Hey I've got one for you. What do you think of a chicken that submerges its beak just about up to its eyeballs in order to drink water out of a bucket? Poor depth perception? Thinks it's a horse/ dog? Stupid? Or perhaps this is common and I have never had a chicken try to drown itself while drinking? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a broody Orpington who, despite my mitigation efforts, remains broody. I'd like her to hatch out a few eggs and be done with it but I have no rooster. Anyone in the Parker and frank town area who might has a few fertilizer Wyandotte or Orpington eggs? Willing to pay.PM me please if you can help this chick out.

I am thinning my flock. I haven't been able to finish putting my fence up or finish my coop.. My birds are WAY to big to be in the 6'x6' enclosure I have them in. I am going to keep 5 I have 11... I only have 1 rooster but he has to go. The rest are hens. All of my birds are about 3 months old. The rooster I hatched myself, he is either: Americana or Olive Egger. He hatched from an Americana egg with either Americana father or black copper Marans father. The rest are as follows and all came from Elizabeth Country Corner:
2 Welsummer
2 Americana
2 cuckoo Marans
2 gold sex links

I am keeping my BCM hen and my OE for sure.. Plus 3 from the above list. I am leaning on keeping 1 Welsummer, 1 Americana and 1 gold star.. But I may change my mind..

I would love to sell them as a lot, I would discount if someone bought them all. I can't do a million sales so it will be a minimum of 2 per sale please. I am thinking of asking $20 each. Please let me know if my price is out of line. I am offering them for sale here first before I offer them on Craigslist. Ill take $10 for the rooster(he really has nice colors)

Pm me for any more info. They go for sale on CL tomorrow.

Edit: I'm in Colorado Springs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom