Colorado

Quick catch-up and then off to Iowa to see my 99 year old grandmother!

1 - thanks for the advice about the light and the Pullet door. The hubby will be installing it this week while I am gone.

2 - we use a tractor tire as a nest box, the girls picked it out when they just started laying and I've let them keep it ever since

3 - thanks for the egg eater link, I really don't want to get rid of her (she came out of an animal cruelty case and I want to keep her around and give her a good life)

4 - I'm not near ANY of you!
smile.png
I live 40 miles due east of Denver.

5 - best thing I've found for predator trouble is a good dog. So far, he has alerted us to coyotes, skunks, raccoons, neighbor dogs and a "bobcat" (it was the neighbor's cat but she is convinced we saw a "bobcat"). The only thing he didn't stop was the eagle taking our duck away
sad.png

Everyone have a good week! I hope the cooler/rainier weather keeps up!

You're not too far from me! There's a couple others out here too, just not really frequent posters.

Lol! Seems to be a rooster day.

On which note; is anyone interested in a Delaware cockerel? He is 6 weeks old and I have nowhere to put him that won't cause Issues. Plus i am not zoned for boys.

I also have an 9 week old cuckoo Marans cockerel in need of a new home. He is also the reason I have nowhere good to put the Delaware right now. I am afraid the two would fight; both are getting their hormonal Big Man attitudes in. :rolleyes:

Lol! Seems to be a rooster day.

On which note; is anyone interested in a Delaware cockerel? He is 6 weeks old and I have nowhere to put him that won't cause Issues. Plus i am not zoned for boys.

I also have an 9 week old cuckoo Marans cockerel in need of a new home. He is also the reason I have nowhere good to put the Delaware right now. I am afraid the two would fight; both are getting their hormonal Big Man attitudes in. :rolleyes:

Where are you located?

frogeggs, I have cockerels I need to process too, are you processing Friday or Saturday? If Sat I would like to bring mine to your place and help. Think I have 5 to do.

frogeggs, I have cockerels I need to process too, are you processing Friday or Saturday? If Sat I would like to bring mine to your place and help. Think I have 5 to do.

Pozees, I was planning to do it in the morning (I have the two meanest in a dog crate), but if you are willing to come help, I am happy to wait for you. I have things going on in the morning, but could work out a time later in the day. I can let the second meanest go back in the run tomorrow, and feed Fudge (the evil one, lol) in the morning, keeping him in the crate (he attacked the other when I went to check on them tonight). Then not feed them again and pen the other up again. I wish I had room to separate all the boys... then I could fatten them up a little longer first.

I got the fryer/scalder, and have a knife. Still need to get the cone(s). I have a cooler to throw them in.... need to check some lists online to see what else I will need.

Back
Top Bottom