Colorado

I got my order of sexed bantam pullets from Cackle hatchery today. I have a few extras if anyone is looking for banty chicks. 2-3 each of Rhode Island reds, dominiques, and gold laced Cochins. I paid $10 each plus shipping but make an offer. I was worried about them arriving in the cold weather, but they all look great and healthy. Located in Denver.

There was one chick that did not make it (?!) but Psycho Broody is still parked on the nest so I do not know what is going on. I hate waiting and not knowing, it drives me nuts!
Oh boy...that is frustrating. You're the experienced one here...so I"ll just say
hugs.gif
and
pop.gif

How much snow did you get up there? We just got an inch or two.

Yep, we all learn the hard way..... You have to dig a big hole, put in LOTS of old manure, leaves, etc, the bigger the hole the more the roots can spread. I had the same thing happen with 50 cottonwoods from the State Extension tree farm, they all died.

Half inch of snow here overnight, pasture grass is coming in nicely though!

Chickens are great therapy!!!!! Soooo amusing, makes me laugh every day!
clap.gif

Figured out how to share a video! I love my little fluff balls. They finally have developed a physical trait from the hens: fluffy cheeks!
Edit: Nope. Didn't figure out how to post a video. Never mind!

Last edited:
Warm spritz or pull it out and wet your fingers with warm water in a warm area or warm washcloth. (Warm as in high 90's degree) Gently unhinge it from whatever it is stuck to. Sometimes things dry up and they knock it off as well. Not sure what the situation is without being there but good luck and congrats!

Back
Top Bottom