Colorado

I woke up this morning to not 2 goslings, but 3. One of the ones that should have hatched around the first of the month hatched last night also. I wasn't expecting that at all. That egg was still up on the shelf that has rather large slits in it. I looked in the incubator and saw this poor gosling with both legs through the slits and head dangling down. Poor thing. It looked like it had been there for a couple hours. I moved it to the lower level with the hatching tray in it so it could get some footing. I believe it will be OK. It is now in the brooder with the other two young ones.
The one that hatched last week is in with the chicken chicks. It is quite large and I believe it thinks it is a chicken. One week old and it is three to four times the size of ,ost of the chicks in there, especially the white frizzled silkie. Pictures in a few.

I woke up this morning to not 2 goslings, but 3. One of the ones that should have hatched around the first of the month hatched last night also. I wasn't expecting that at all. That egg was still up on the shelf that has rather large slits in it. I looked in the incubator and saw this poor gosling with both legs through the slits and head dangling down. Poor thing. It looked like it had been there for a couple hours. I moved it to the lower level with the hatching tray in it so it could get some footing. I believe it will be OK. It is now in the brooder with the other two young ones.
The one that hatched last week is in with the chicken chicks. It is quite large and I believe it thinks it is a chicken. One week old and it is three to four times the size of ,ost of the chicks in there, especially the white frizzled silkie. Pictures in a few.
pop.gif

I woke up this morning to not 2 goslings, but 3.  One of the ones that should have hatched around the first of the month hatched last night also.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  That egg was still up on the shelf that has rather large slits in it.  I looked in the incubator and saw this poor gosling with both legs through the slits and head dangling down.  Poor thing.  It looked like it had been there for a couple hours.  I moved it to the lower level with the hatching tray in it so it could get some footing.  I believe it will be OK.  It is now in the brooder with the other two young ones.
The one that hatched last week is in with the chicken chicks.  It is quite large and I believe it thinks it is a chicken.  One week old and it is three to four times the size of ,ost of the chicks in there, especially the white frizzled silkie.  Pictures in a few.

Hi. So I'm wondering. I have a white frizzle. But I'm not sure what type she is. I have seen a few different ones. Is there a place I can learn about them more. Mine has black skin, eyes and five toes. So I assume she is part silkie? Ive seen some that look like regular chickens but feizzled feathers too. Are they different breeds of frizzles or just mixes???

Hi. So I'm wondering. I have a white frizzle. But I'm not sure what type she is. I have seen a few different ones. Is there a place I can learn about them more. Mine has black skin, eyes and five toes. So I assume she is part silkie? Ive seen some that look like regular chickens but feizzled feathers too. Are they different breeds of frizzles or just mixes???[/quot
As far as i know there are frizzle silkies and frizzle cochins. My frizzle silkies came from my hen who is now gone to the great coop in the sky and my old white silkie roo. She was frizzle and he is a regular silkie. I gave him to one of my neighbors. Her husband really likes them. I am sure there are others. Someone here will chime in.
Here is a pic of my goslings that hatched last night.

Thank you.
I'm so confused. Lol
Chicken genetics is like quantum physics.
I just let them mate. Then hatch out the eggs and see what comes out. I have had some real cute ones hatch this year. Every one that has hatched this year has had feathered feet as i have a bantom cochin roo and a brauma roo. So feathers on the feet must be dominant. The hens hatching out should be quite cold hearty and large.

I just let them mate. Then hatch out the eggs and see what comes out. I have had some real cute ones hatch this year. Every one that has hatched this year has had feathered feet as i have a bantom cochin roo and a brauma roo. So feathers on the feet must be dominant. The hens hatching out should be quite cold hearty and large.
I love hatching mixes. It's fun when u don't know what to expect. But it seems that most people want pure breeds.

Last edited:
I love hatching mixes. It's fun when u don't know what to expect. But it seems that most people want pure breeds.

That is true. The mixes that hatch sure do produce a lot of eggs and are quite hearty.
I am all for pure breeds too dont get me wrong. But my little mutts are my favorites. I have a couple silkieamericauna mixes that lay almost every day and has gone broody once. Looks like an americauna, lays a lot of eggs and acts like a silkie.

Back
Top Bottom