Colorado

My daughter moved to Falcon area about 1.5 years. We all love it. I actually live about 5 miles into the trees of Black Forest. we now wish we had more land. 3 acres is just not enough :) we love homsteading and of course our chickens. Who knows she may end up farther out east some day. i bet silkies are fun to raise.

They are fun! We hatched their first little babies last week. Theyre like little kids compared to the rest of the flock. It's odd now having so many babies to keep mellow. When I first began hatching I had so many barnyard mixes they were for the most part pretty flighty. Now it's time consuming to make sure they all come running but oh so rewarding:)

Agreed to laying more. We have two girls consistently laying, one pullet and of our second year EE. Been a very slow winter for eggs compared to last.

My two red sex links keep picking on my Plymouth rock to the point of she can't leave the corner of the coop. I feel bad for her.
My husband took her out and left them in earlier.
we got her Saturday. Saturday they were deciding pecking order and the PR didn't fight back Sunday only one of the RSL pecked at her once and now today they're back at it. Just her. They don't bother my silver or gold laced

My two red sex links keep picking on my Plymouth rock to the point of she can't leave the corner of the coop. I feel bad for her.
My husband took her out and left them in earlier.
we got her Saturday. Saturday they were deciding pecking order and the PR didn't fight back Sunday only one of the RSL pecked at her once and now today they're back at it. Just her. They don't bother my silver or gold laced

I have one that's about to try on Pinless Peepers if she doesn't behave. She's been literally pulling all the hens out of their laying nests!

Back
Top Bottom