Colorado

Biddies in the coop night 2. Still havent figured out that the need to go up the ramp and sleep inside. Found them huddled in the corner again on the ground. Put them up there and they stayed at least tonight. Last night it took several tries and a light for them to figure out where to go. Hoping they learn quickly!

They were standing and waiting for me to let them in to the run this morning. I am leaving the run open tonight so they can head out first thing is they want to.

@manjari108 I love the names of your birds!

Thank you @aim0474 ! If I had the naming of all of them, I probably would have chosen themed names from a book, but instead, we each got to pick one name.

Poor Bindi, so hard to enjoy a snack in peace these days, although, she did steal this squash from the birds, so if not for them, there would have been no snack in the first place. Such a vicious cycle!
1f602.png

Last edited:
I am looking to expand my flock and here are some breeds I'm looking for. I am looking for bantam gold or silver or black laced red Wyandottes, silver or gold polish pullets, or double silver laced Barnevelder. If anyone knows where I can find these please let me know. I know it's not the season for getting chickens but I would like to get pullets at this time and I don't want to have to order online.

I am looking to expand my flock and here are some breeds I'm looking for. I am looking for bantam gold or silver or black laced red Wyandottes, silver or gold polish pullets, or double silver laced Barnevelder. If anyone knows where I can find these please let me know. I know it's not the season for getting chickens but I would like to get pullets at this time and I don't want to have to order online.

I'm not sure where you are located but I would try Northern Colorado Feeder Supply in Fort Collins. I picked up some chicks back in mid-August and they had a bunch available.

Honestly I'd go find a good hatchery online to find the birds you want because I have had zero luck finding anything out of the ordinary. You'd think Colorado being so country and ranch loving we'd have way more variety but I haven't found it. I also haven't found terribly great breeders here either. Now, I have only worked with two Colorado people and one was great while the other was terrible so I'm probably not a good gauge.

That being said I'm sure there are amazing breeders here but they are either not online or are special order as I can't seem to find them. :rolleyes:

That said I hope someone else here has better info for you and of course I hope you find the birds you want!

I'm not sure where you are located but I would try Northern Colorado Feeder Supply in Fort Collins. I picked up some chicks back in mid-August and they had a bunch available.

I have been there quite a few times. They didn't have what I was looking for at the time I looked last. But I will try them again. I live about 45 minutes from there. Thanks for your reply and recommendation.

I have been there quite a few times. They didn't have what I was looking for at the time I looked last. But I will try them again. I live about 45 minutes from there. Thanks for your reply and recommendation.

Call the store first and talk to Danielle. If she has a source for any of the breeds she will order them in. Her main hatchery supplier is Privett and they hatch year round.

Three eggs appeared in the nests yesterday....W00t!! To determine the new layer, I set up a trail cam in the coop. Worked great! Buffy the Orpington it is :) I'm up to 3/6 laying now, yay :) Also got 1000 photos of Whiskey the EE keeping everyone's eggs warm for them...how nice of her. She doesn't seem super broody yet but looks like she's trying...sigh.

Silly Whiskey!

I am just happy mine learned to go up the ramp into the coop by themselves. LOL They put themselves up there rather early tonight too since the temp dropped once the sun started going down.

Back
Top Bottom