Colorado

Hey all, who is selling eggs near Falcon? I am in need of a source for fresh eggs, grass fed meat and local grown produce.
big_smile.png

Does anybody know if Big R or Murdoch's is running any sales on Feed? (Horse/Livestock and Poultry)

I'm supposed to get their newsletters and ad flyers since I signed up online and in store, but I haven't seen anything from them!

The last sale I saw was about a month ago at Murdoch's and the Nutrena Stock and Stable was something like $4.00 a bag, now it's up to almost $10 a bag.

BTW, the Walmart in Parker carries Layer Crumbles and Scratch for about a buck cheaper than most farm and feed stores. I prefer pellets, since crumbles seem like such a waste, but saving a buck helps when you go through so much feed!

I still have one Black Copper Marans cockerel, a couple of Blue Marans cockerels and one gorgeous Blue Splash Cochin cockerel for sale. I couldn't bear to process these guys! If anyone is interested let me know. The BCM already has an eye for the ladies, if you get my drift.

By the way, I did get several of my chickens processed in Simla and they did a great job. Very quick, very clean . It's hard to find anyone to process fowl, anymore. They did a great job and I recommend them to anyone in the area. It's an hour and a quarter ride for us, so I won't be doing this more than once a year or so.

I bought an upright roaster for the BBQ so I can roast a whole chicken outside and not have to heat up the oven. I hope they taste good! I will let you know as soon as I get the upright BBQ roaster from Amazon.

There were about 4 of us residents standing at the ridgeline watching. As the wind increased and blew towards us, we watched the flames racing along towards us, then the wind direction turned and it burned against itself, going out. It was still burning on the south and west sides when we went to bed, but not near us.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was thinking of you when I heard about the fire - I watched the smoke off my deck. There was another fire last week or so that was a bit north of the racetrack which was pretty much due west of my property across the interstate. Fountain creek is right behind me and that area has a lot of downed trees and debris like leaves and limbs - a tenderbox for fires. When there is a fire that close I worry that sparks might blow over to this area and start another fire. I am sure it would take out my barn and chicken coops at least since they are located down near the trees. Dry years like this are scary in that respect. I am glad everything is well with you, and Ft. Carson managed to contain the fire before it got to any of the houses up there.

Back
Top Bottom