Colorpack question

Jenks Hatchery here in Oregon states they developed the ColorPack layer from 3 different breeds, including Cream Legbar. They describe them as being "similar" to Easter Eggers, with varying color patterns, so I'm thinking the other breeds might be True Blue Whiting and Ameraucana or EE. I was tempted to buy a few chicks when my local feed store got them in a couple of months ago but didn't..

you should have! They lay beautiful eggs and are a beautiful looking chicken. Definitely Legbar crossed with something else. If I was to guess, I’d say Silkie, Barred Rock and Blue Egger. From the way they look. This mine. 🥰
9D377CC0-82E4-4119-B2D0-7B6DE1740320.jpeg

My local tractor supply store got in new checks today. They said they are a colorpack. According to them they are legbar crosses that are not Easter Eggars and if they are not at all related to Easter Eggers So now I’m really confused. So what the heck are they? Are they just another Version of Easter Eggars? Has anybody had them and what do they think of them?
Colorpacks by Jenks hatchery are not easter eggers but I love the one I got from them 1 year ago.

I have 11 Color Pack pullets from Wilco (which I got 1/2 price). They are probably three or more weeks old and they don't really have the tufted feathers coming in yet yet... Just a little tuft of baby fuzz here and there. But I'm excited because I heard they're one of the better layers out there. We had a Cream Legbar/I-dunno-what-else cross for a few months that looked just like the picture at Wilco of the Color Pack hen.

Back
Top Bottom