Colour/breed unknown???

aminaptra

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 19, 2013
Scotland
Hi. This is my day old chick. I have no idea what colour he/she will turn out. Or even what breed he/she is??? ( just regular Scottish hen I guess?) lol sorry I'm not clued up on breeds. She/he was brought home in a carton of eating eggs but I stole her/him for my incubator to see if I could hatch anything. (My first ever attempt!!!). Any help with colour guessing would be appreciated :)

Will probably grow into a black bird with black and/or yellow feet. My guess is something like a Black Sex Link or Black Jersey Giant.

Was the carton of eggs from a big production farm? Or a smaller farm? Regardless, it's probably a second-generation Black Sex Link or similar. So the sex link traits are gone so really would be called a mixed breed. If a smaller farm it could be a mix of almost anything, though people selling eggs tend to keep production birds.

Last edited:
Hi Popsicle.
It's from a friend of my mothers. She has about ten hens and a cockerel. They just run around her little field out the back. She just sells the eggs to people for eating if she has any spare. (We live in an area where the nearest chicken breeding farm is over 150 miles away from us)

Back
Top Bottom