Comb Anomaly?

high5

Songster
Jun 24, 2022
Charente, France
Since this morning I've noticed that the rear of my New Hampshire rooster's comb has turned a bluish colour - overnight!

He's a fantastic rooster (albeit a little noisy), but looks after his girls better than is expected of him. He's no different today than usual, in daily life, and doesn't seem to be bothered by it in any way.

Anyone experienced anything similar before?

Attachments

• IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for that, @Tookie !

I'm not worried about it. I was wondering what could be the cause, and you've come up with a good reason.

Did your rooster's comb get it's natural colour back?

Thanks for that, @Tookie !

I'm not worried about it. I was wondering what could be the cause, and you've come up with a good reason.

Did your rooster's comb get it's natural colour back?
Yes, his comb color did go back. Actually its happened to him quite a lot. It also could be because of the weather, not sure though.

Hmm, he has seemed to be stressed recently. We've had many days with over 100° F, and it's been a hard time for them all. He's been mating badly too, the hens haven't been responsive to him, like they have in the past... everyone's been affected by the heat!

Hmm, he has seemed to be stressed recently. We've had many days with over 100° F, and it's been a hard time for them all. He's been mating badly too, the hens haven't been responsive to him, like they have in the past... everyone's been affected by the heat!
We've been having temperatures of 100 too.

Back
Top Bottom