Comb floppy and turning black

Jade-leigh

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
One of my girls seemed a little distant from our flock and had a dirty vent. We did a bath and checked her over. Could not see any signs of anything being wrong, she was eating and drinking so we let her be. It's been two days now and she is still eating, drinking, her vent feathers look messy and today her comb has gone floppy and is turning black/blue. She is not herself but I am totally at a loss, she is also feeling much thinner today when I've handled her, and more lethargic. Can anyone help?
Just for information I have a backyard flock of only four girls, they free range the whole garden. I have brought her in for tonight.

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_211652821.jpg
    PXL_20220626_211652821.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220626_211642069.jpg
    PXL_20220626_211642069.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 5
One of my girls seemed a little distant from our flock and had a dirty vent. We did a bath and checked her over. Could not see any signs of anything being wrong, she was eating and drinking so we let her be. It's been two days now and she is still eating, drinking, her vent feathers look messy and today her comb has gone floppy and is turning black/blue. She is not herself but I am totally at a loss, she is also feeling much thinner today when I've handled her, and more lethargic. Can anyone help?
Just for information I have a backyard flock of only four girls, they free range the whole garden. I have brought her in for tonight.
I don't know for certain but to me that looks like possible heart problems. It's mainly blood pressure that keeps a comb plump and upright if that's the type of comb the breed has.
There could be many other explanations.

I'm having this exact issue with one of my girls! Did you ever find out what it was? Hoping I can figure it out before it's too late 😥

Back
Top Bottom