Comb Infection?

myrab51

Hatching
Mar 25, 2017
This just popped up yesterday, but I'm not sure what is going on. My sweet boy has some sort of crud. Any ideas?

We are on central Florida. It dropped to 34° a couple of weeks ago for a couple of nights, but not too severe.

Last edited:
This just popped up yesterday, but I'm not sure what is going on. My sweet boy has some sort of crud. Any ideas?
Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

It looks like he may have some pecking wounds on his comb. The white could be healing from pecking wounds or he could possibly have a little Favus - it's hard to tell from the photo. You can apply some triple antibiotic ointment or vetericyn to the scabs and some anti-fungal cream to the white parts to see if there is an improvement.

It seems to be dry. We have another roo, but he is mean, so he is kept in another coop with just a couple of lady friends. They don't come into contact with each other. We do have ducks that free range with them, but they don't fight that I have seen. This one is a pretty laid back guy. He doesn't seem to be otherwise sick, yet. It's only on his comb so far. It's a line of white, and then a black spot. I'll see if I can keep him still for a more clear shot in the morning.

I just saw the next post. I'll try both first thing in the morning. I was reading online and started seeing things like fowl pox and got a little anxious. He really is like a pet. This is sounding way less scary.

Back
Top Bottom