Comb looks like this

Backyard Bruce

Songster
Apr 11, 2018
Sullivan County, N.Y.
And a few in the flock of 9 have the runs.
They are all very active and eat well no signs of sickness other than the poop and the RIRs combs look like this.
All seem to be laying eggs fairly regular even with the shorter days.
None are sitting in the corner or not participating, they all stay together and are active.

oTuy3ATiSrq3eptF1hBqzA.jpg

It's just a little dry, if it's cold over there, then yeah it's dry. My rooster has a very dry comb too and he's fine so you don't have to worry about anything.

Yes it's cold here so the dry sounds like the cause.

They are about 9months old and they eat local grain mill 20% protein chicken feed with oyster shell on the side.

The poop looks like it would normally as far as color goes. Almost as if it was a half melted stick of butter with very little shape left to it.
This has been going on for at least a month now.

Yes it's cold here so the dry sounds like the cause.

They are about 9months old and they eat local grain mill 20% protein chicken feed with oyster shell on the side.

The poop looks like it would normally as far as color goes. Almost as if it was a half melted stick of butter with very little shape left to it.
This has been going on for at least a month now.
Photos of the poop?

Are all the poops loose or is it just occasional? Could be Cecal poop which happens about 1 out of every 8-10 "normal" poops.

Also agree...comb looks normal for winter.

I’ll add pics tomorrow as I cleaned everything today.
It’s constantly loose for I think 3 pullets of 9 birds.
I say three because my wife and I had to clean Thier vent areas from hardened poop just this past weekend.
It is only with the RIR hens and not the polish. At least those are the ones we cleaned.

Back
Top Bottom