Comb Question (seems a tad dry)

thaliapoultryholic

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2024
Australia
Hi guys,

One of my dear chickens combs looks a little different in colour (I am assuming because of her breed) she is either an Olive egger or Easter egger so her comb is a little darker than the rest of the flock. It seems to be a little dry and white toward the tips, Ive heard she could just be moulting but I want to make sure she isn't Anemic or anything like that before I just accept that it may be normal. The weather has also been warm to hot since we got her so I doubt any frostbite could be the reason.

Any advice will help!!

Thank you! :)
1707799496214.png

I do not have any suggestions about the comb.. Not sure there is any remedy for it at this time. You may want to check her over if there are any small mites, that are causing it. Usually such would also affect your other chickens. :idunno
Lets see what others suggest.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Hi, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Yes, molting can cause that. Mites can too, but so can dehydration. Try giving her some electrolytes in her water or even a little bit of sugar water to encourage drinking and see if that doesn't brighten her comb up.
Hello, thank you for your advice! I have just posted a new thread with updated pictures and was wondering, if you could possibly take a quick look and see if it could be something different or if the same advice still stands. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom