Combining supplements for new chicks?

Adenium

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Connecticut
I apologize if this has been covered - the search function has been wonky lately and gives me the same few irrelevant threads no matter what I search on!

I was going to use the Sav-A-Chick electrolyte packets for my new chicks when they arrive, but there's also the common recommendation that you put some ACV in the water as well. AND there are probiotic supplements like the packets from the SavAChick makers.

Can you combine all these? Does the ACV affect the functioning of the powdered supplements?

I doubt they'd need the electrolytes for long - really just to get over the shipping stress I'm guessing. And I may be crazy to give any of it to them as I know lots of people use nothing or just put a little sugar in the water (heard that can cause diarrhea though).

Any thoughts? I've been reading these forums since we placed our chick order in February but now that the arrival date is approaching I'm getting to be a more excited but nervous mama :jumpy

I honestly don't know about combining it! I'd suggest give them some electrolytes for the first day or two and then you can give them ACV after that. 2-3 tablespoons per gallon water.
Enjoy your babies!

Haha, I feel your new mom worries. I also placed my order in Feb. and my 7 dayold chicks arrived Tues. This is a first for me as a chick mom, I have been giving my chicks a product called Performance Poultry made by Durvet and it is a probiotic/ vitamin/ electrolyte all in one. My chicks look healthy as can be. I am not sure how long I am supposed to give it to them but I was planning to for the first week or 2. Good Luck to you on this adventure, they are so funny to watch....ps they can catch air within a few days

Back
Top Bottom