ComeJoin Duck club!!

Pics
In case this helps anyone, we have chickens and ducks and when we were installing the duck pond one of our chickens fell in we were right there and were able to get her out before she drowned. Since then, we used fencing to keep them away from it, but my husband came up with this great idea to let the ducks in and out of the area with the pond and keep the chickens out. I call it a duck moat.

it is a cement mixing tub filled with water set into the lawn. Fencing is run down the side and across the middle with some fencing cut out across the bottom so the duck can swim across. The fencing across the middle keeps the chickens from jumping or flying across it.

anyway, I thought we might not be the only ones trying to keep chickens away from an area while still giving the ducks free reign. Oh, added bonus, it’s a fantastic mud hole. A12EC493-C7E4-4C5D-BDBD-441530E76B7A.jpeg 1990E610-B365-4EAD-9EAD-4C63F7D0EBCF.jpeg

I am starting a duck club for all the duck owners out there share ur pictures of ur ducks and videos etc
Any bad comments about ducks are forrbiden from this thread only true ducks lover comments are allowed(lol)
Later on I might start a duck beuty pagent just like the ooster beuty pagent but with ducks. Any breed of duck
p.s. Mallards are a fav of mine.:D

View attachment 2510114
I am starting a duck club for all the duck owners out there share ur pictures of ur ducks and videos etc
Any bad comments about ducks are forrbiden from this thread only true ducks lover comments are allowed(lol)
Later on I might start a duck beuty pagent just like the ooster beuty pagent but with ducks. Any breed of duck

View attachment 2510114

View attachment 2510114
May I join the club
All my ducks are rescues my permeant flock is

Cuddle quack Goliath alarm and water wafers (all swedish) Turk muscovy) dippy Laverne Shirley (~all pekin) Hershey (chocolate Runner) buttercup (buff) apricot(leathal gene crested) Bebop (mini crested) blizzard Einstein fluffy(perkins) Nefertiti Nile (egyptian geese) littlefoot (appleyard) bop (layer) Coco (rouen) popcorn and Ringo (ringed muscovy)
P1080770.jpg
PXL_20210410_003801229.jpg
IMG_20210510_191757_065.jpg
P1080827 (2).jpg
P1160093 (1).jpg

My ducks for adoption flock
Mcflurry (magpie, male 1 yr)
Henbit (pekin, male, 6mo)
Astin (khak, male, 1yr)
Marten (khaki, male, 1yr)

Mephisto (layer, female 6mo)
Bonnet (pekin, female, 6mo)
Lola (pekin, female 6mo)

Butter (khaki, female, 2mo)
Scotch (khaki, female, 2mo)
Daphne (pekin, 1 week)
Sparky (Muscovy, 2wks)
Snowflake (Muscovy, 2wk)
Oak and Elm (buff/snowy mallard mix, 2wk)
The Supremes: Diana, Mary and Florence (pekins,female, 4mo)
Last but not least, Dally, a very friendly 3yr old male muscovy.

Attachments

• PXL_20210328_145506222.jpg
    PXL_20210328_145506222.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 2
I just saw this and so I figured I would join too so hello everyone! Beautiful ducks by the way too😍 Here are some of my Hookbill's that I hatched this week from my flock. I have Hookbill's along with other breeds and though I have been separating for obvious breeding purposes, I have made the difficult decision to switch solely over to Hookbill's. I also will only be breeding for the colors: Dusky, Dusky Bibbed, Black and Black Bibbed Hookbill. My goal is to focus my time, effort and $$$ to Hookbill genetics, conformation and overall doing my part to bring this beautiful breed back to it's former glory.

Attachments

• image000000 (1).jpg
    image000000 (1).jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm joininng as well. I have 10 Muscovy ducks. I received my first pair as a surprise house warming present. Hard to make a quick temporary coop. Now they have a new large coop and run. I don't dare show them pictures from byc as some other peoples set up are so beautiful.

This is Diane, my first female who arrived with her mate and 9 eggs. She successfully hatched 7 of them. When I look at this picture I always wonder if she is thinking, "Who the hell left those here?". Ended up to be a great mom.

View attachment 2545170

I have posted this picture several times on different threads because I like it so much. This is Jack, mate of Diane, teaching the ducklings the joy of a mud puddle. Good think they eventually grow into those feet.
View attachment 2545176
Love your little ditty about Jack and Diane 😂 sorry I couldn't help it 😂 you have a cute bunch over there!

Back
Top Bottom