Coming Back!

AnimalGeek23

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 10, 2018
New York State
Hello all~

It has been so long since I have last visited BYC. The community has grown, everything has updated, and I don't know where everything is.
I became a BYC member in 2018, researching and learning about raising chicks. Through research, I've gained so much knowledge on raising poultry, made a lot of new friends, and BYC became my online home.
A little while ago, I kind of left/took a break because school had been so stressful, and there was a sudden move to a new house. Thus, I had to pause my chicken raising fantasies for a little while and focus on school :(
However, now that things have gotten a little bit less stressful, I realized that I really really missed being a part of this community, and I really wish to keep on studying raising poultry. Sadly, I do not have those buff orpington chicks yet(I know, it's been 2 years), but all I can say now is that I am really looking forward to when I can get out of college and start living my own life.
I'm going to try my best to being an active member, because raising backyard chickens has somehow become a very deep passion of mine, even if I don't have chicks. I wanted to thank the kind souls who became my friends and apologize for leaving so suddenly(I hope y'all still remember me though). BYC has changed my life in so many ways and I hope new members will feel this way, too.

Thanks for taking your time to read this explanation :wee(oh gosh I missed the emoticons so much haha)
-Geeky

@AnimalGeek23 , I started by bringing home 2 (day old) Rhode Island chicks and then got another 1 the next day because I read 3 was "better". I had NO COOP, and NO legal ordinance. I started with 3 hens, my neighbors were all on board, now 3 yrs later, I have 7 hens and built my own coop without a plan. (I'm a mother of two with a "can do attitude"). Hubby wouldn't help.. my chickens... my project. I can't imagine my life without them. Thank goodness I'm an RN so I don't need a vet unless I feel it's over my head! Usually I can research the symptoms and narrow down a diagnosis with a treatment. I give them the best life I can give.

smiley welcome back.gif

Best of luck with school!

Back
Top Bottom