1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

comments on the 1588

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by swiftfoot, May 20, 2008.

1. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    i think i am going to get a 1588 hovabator
    i want to see what your feedback is good or bad
    pros and cons

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I like them a lot. For a small bator, they are pretty much set and go. Hold humidity and temp steady and you just add water every few days. I use 2 of them for hatchers and they work well.

Jody

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I love mine! I highly recommend one.

4. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    The 1588 is the best incubator U can buy for the money, others that will do the same job will cost in the $600 plus range. [​IMG] The thing I dont like about the 1588 is that it isn't a double decker....[​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I LOVE my 1588! It was a snap to set up and has held a steady 100 degrees ever since I got it last Friday. I have 42 eggs in the turner and haven't had to do any adjusting with anything except pull the red plug out of the top to let some of the humidity out. It is so easy to use. You would love it if you bought one! I, myself, would highly recommend this bator to anyone! [​IMG]

6. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    We are on day 15 with our eggs and I can't say enough good things about the 1588!! I'm a newbie at this incubating thing so the 1588 was a snap to put together and so easy, like they say, plug it in and go!( just add water and turn eggs!) I would highly recommend it! [​IMG]

7. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've tried the tophatch, LG, and a TX7. But by far, the Genesis is THE BEST!!

8. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    thanks guys for the input it all seems to sound good i am going to order one soon

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

LOVE MINE! The temp stays at 100 degrees exactly all the time. And the humidity is betwee 35 and 50 percent with only adding water every third day [​IMG] WONDERFUL machine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by