Community ducks over protective human

Nicolereagan55

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
Hello all, so I live in a private subdivision that is on a lake. Literally one road on the left and one on the right to wrap around a small man made lake. The lake ends up literally being part of the back yard for me and my neighbors. Well we are all very protective of our lake because we stocked up the lake with not just fish but ducks, many thanks to the couple on the other side of the lake that run a wildlife rescue sanctuary and bring orphaned ducks to live their lives out here on a nice clean lake. Well last year a predator (raccoon) managed to open up my pet ducks enclosure (they lived in my backyard and were not free range to the lake because the lady i rescued them from raised them in a 100% domesticated lifestyle with no type of wildlife introduction from birth) and killed them all. Well they became my babies so this really tore me up but it just so happened my neighbors from across the lake introduced a whole new batch of ducklings to the lake right around the same time. So now I've some what adopted them as my little free range ducks, who come and go as they please. They come to my front door like clockwork a couple times a day for their breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as a safe place to nap. I'm the community duck momma!

Back
Top Bottom