Complaint about non fertile eggs

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
I sell eggs as eating eggs NOT hatching. When I'm asked for hatching eggs I treat them very different.

Lastnight I came home to a NASTY message on my phone from a long time customer about the extremely low fertility of my eggs. She apparently invested in a fancy brand new bator and without telling me put 2 dozen eggs from me into the bator. After the 6th one went bad and exploded she stripped the bator and threw them away. Then left me the nasty message.

I didn't get to talk to her but I did talk to her daughter. Turns out almost all the eggs she put in the bator were duck eggs. At that point I was trying not to laugh as I explained to the daughter I don't have a male duck, all I have is hens. She was very confused and said she'd seen a my roosters. Roosters, I informed her, are chickens, not ducks, they cannot make baby chuckens or dickens. I could almost hear the moment of revelation as it sunk in. Thnafully she laughed, though I doubt her mama will.

To be nice I told her how to disinfect the bator and when she was ready to try again to let me know and I'd get her eggs meant for hatching.

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Uh hello, the lights are on, but no one is home???
barnie.gif

1,000 kudos for wonderful customer service!
thumbsup.gif
I applaud you for handling your "uneducated" customer with a kind and understanding heart after such a rude message. You rock!
yippiechickie.gif

You are a much calmer person than me.
smile.png
The other weekend we were out of town and Sharon had her phone turned off, when she turned it on there were 4 or 5 messages from the same person - the last one a mad message because they had driven about 30 minutes to the town we lived in and we still didn't answer the phone. People????? Needless to say, when they called back again I think I may have blown the sale. lol

Steve in NC

Just got the expected phone call from crying mama, mostly upset her husband had tracked the smell to the incubator she hadn't told him about. Apologized to me but mostly begged me to clean it up and fix it so she can sell it. She'd already tried calling the company to see if she could return it.
roll.png
Not after all those eggs exploded in there.

I have a firend who wants one. I'll see what shape it's in and if it's worth 75% of what she paid.
hmm.png

Probably shouldn't have said it, but I told her if she'd asked in the first place I would have given her directions to make one for $20. Her husband delights is making stuff from scratch and would have gladly built it for her and probably spent less than $20.

Back
Top Bottom