Complete!-- What can I use instead of carbon paper?

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
I have a project where I'm tracing an image onto the wall. I don't have any carbon paper and hate to buy a pack of it just to use one sheet. Does anyone know of some other way I can transfer an image from paper to the wall?

Last edited:
You can borrow an overhead projector or you can put your image on a grid and then do a grid on the wall and do a point by point transfer. The point by point is tedious, but it will work.

Those were my two suggestions. Worse come to worse, if it's not too big you can get a big fat no2 pencil and color the back of white paper with it, or use pastel/chalk to make a "carbon" paper of sorts.

Silkiechicken-I like your suggestions. Thank you!

mom'sfolly-I'd go buy the carbon paper first. Overhead projector won't work so well and I'm not that good an artist.

When I helped paint a friends little girls room we took the images out of a color book, traced those onto computer paper. Then took a black eyeliner pencil traced the image(the one on the computer paper) and then pressed that onto the wall and rubbed the image onto the wall. It was a little time consuming, BUT it worked.

No eye liner here. Wonder what else maybe around here that would work. It wouldn't be anymore time consuming than tracing with the carbon paper.

Quote:
cray-paw chalk (artist chalk-we always called it cray-paw).
do you have a tire pencil-they are easy to transfer onto the wall because they are softer (greasy like).
lipstick or lipliner..but if you have no eyeliner probably don't have these either than.

mom'sfolly :

You can borrow an overhead projector or you can put your image on a grid and then do a grid on the wall and do a point by point transfer. The point by point is tedious, but it will work.

Yep, that's the best or one of those kid's projector type toys made just for this sort of thing..seems that carbon paper will make blue marks on your wall anyway Kitty, not sure I would use that unless you are going to paint over the carbon marks.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom