Completely addicted to loom knitting

I can make shawls, scarves, knitted panels for sweaters, and blankets on the long looms. There are some really good how to videos on YouTube under the heading mikeyssmail. I guess the more creative you are the more things you can make. I also have the round ones and I am contemplating mittens. I have also gone to the library and checked out a book with loom patterns. Scarves are just the beginner items that you can make.

Quote:
Have you loomed on the outside of the long looms. Like in a U shape? I am having some trouble figuring out how to wrap the yarn on the return.

My Daughter has but I have not, I just usually stick to hats and scarves to be honest.

I have posted these before but here are some styles I like to make.
10773_100_3766.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I would start with the round ones, my young kids (under 10) picked it up in no time
Go to Joann's website and order them and use the 50% coupon (code WEF317 at checkout) that is frequently available with online orders. I have picked them up super cheap doing it that way! if the link doesn't work its joanns.com keyword knifty knitters.
http://www.joann.com/joann/search/s...UserSearch1=knifty knitters&_requestid=771122

Quote:
I would start with the round ones, my young kids (under 10) picked it up in no time
Go to Joann's website and order them and use the 50% coupon (code WEF317 at checkout) that is frequently available with online orders. I have picked them up super cheap doing it that way! if the link doesn't work its joanns.com keyword knifty knitters.
http://www.joann.com/joann/search/s...UserSearch1=knifty knitters&_requestid=771122

Thank you, I can only find one set in El Paso and it's the long ones.

I never knew they made kits. I used to make my own looms over stretcher frames that I used to use for painting. I've made pillows that way. Looming is kinda fun, but I have so many yarn crafts that I get involved in that I don't have time to do all of them.

I seen this thread, and have been wanting to try this for a while. Can you say shopping trip? I picked up a kit last night, and am sitting here right now playing with it. It is very fast!!! I am enjoying it, and it is so easy! Thanks for the inspiration!

I use the small round ones to make dish cloths.

You can use the long ones to make blankets. Just don't make a full loop. Stop your row a peg or 2 short of the beginning one and just head the other way instead of around and around.

I started and finished my first project last night. I made an elf hat for a 3 month old baby, red and white striped. This loom is so easy to use that it was a piece of cake to figure out how to change colors and do a tapered panel with it the very first time I used it. I made this hat in about 4 hours, start to finish. I will definitely use these a lot. My husband has already talked about making me a traditional knitting board to use!

Last edited:
Like it has been said ADDICTING!!!!!
woot.gif
Fun, and Easy. I made a super cool hat yesterday, I am starting to experiment with different styles of hats.

Back
Top Bottom