Completely membrane free shell less egg

CHICKA MOMMA

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 13, 2013
Tonight i went out to check on my girls and one of my isa brown hens who is about 2.5 years old had egg white coming out of her vent. I pick her up and expelled the completely shell less, membrane less egg. Has that ever happened to anyone?
Chicka Momma

I'm searching for an answer to that question as well...only it is my 3.5 year old rouen duck that has done that a couple times this summer. I thought she wasnt laying any other eggs, but I found a nest with a bunch of good looking eggs in it...left me very confused!

Tonight i went out to check on my girls and one of my isa brown hens who is about 2.5 years old had egg white coming out of her vent. I pick her up and expelled the completely shell less, membrane less egg. Has that ever happened to anyone?
Chicka Momma
It can happen...sounds like maybe her egg machine is shutting down.
Production layers can lay like gangbusters for 2-3 years then just stop.
....or it could just be a glitch.... or she could be going into a molt.

Might want to keep an eye on her backside, make sure she cleans things up back there.

It can happen...sounds like maybe her egg machine is shutting down.
Production layers can lay like gangbusters for 2-3 years then just stop.
....or it could just be a glitch.... or she could be going into a molt.

Might want to keep an eye on her backside, make sure she cleans things up back there.
Thanks for the info. I checked her bottom and it's clean. Her layimg isnt a consistant 1 a day now either. She also lays any hour of the day instead of by noon now. I believe your right, old girl is finally running out of staem! She has always been our pet and eggs were a bonus, so she will remain with us until she is no more.

Back
Top Bottom