Computer/Facebook question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, May 9, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Here's a question for all of you who know more about computers, and more about Facebook, than I do. That would be all of you.

Both my teenage son & I have Facebook accounts. They've been running fine, as has the computer. But recently, on Facebook only, everything goes in slow motion. You cannot scroll the page down down easily. If you "grab" the blue bar on the side with the courser and try to move it down, it won't go. If you click on the down arrow on the side it moves after about 15 seconds. It takes a very long time for things to move when you click to move to different things on the page.

It's very frustrating for TeenSon who loves to check in with his FB buds several times a day. It's really frustrating for me who likes to zip through the news feed QUICKLY to see if there is anything really essential I should read or reply to, and not have to spend 20 minutes inching past photos people have posted of cups of coffee they're about to drink and the 59 comments others have added saying "Yum!"

Why now? Why just Facebook? What could be the problem, and how do we fix it? Thank you for your help & advice!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

FB is constant fudged up. If it isn;t one thing it's another. I had that same problem a couple weeks back and it has since gone away. Now my posts get cut off.

3. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    I was just having the same problem. I think it was too many 'add-ons'. Depending on which browser you use: (I use Mozilla FoxFire) go to 'Tools' at the top of your page, then 'add-ons' --- we got rid of a bunch and now facebook runs great.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Mine does it also. I thought it was just because FB got busy and my computer is ancient.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I posted a status a little bit ago and people are commenting on it right and left and I cannot get to it to read them!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by