Concern for RIR hen.

Llbjwb

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2020
It's been since December 9th and my hen is still not up and walking. Trying to be patient and give her time. I did get her x-rays and can send them via email if that will help. She is still crated and isolated from her two sisters and I don't want her to get depressed. I am just beside myself and don't know what else to do for her. I place her crate outside and she perks up pecking at the ground, eating worms and birdseed and occasional clucking or making hen noises. I would put her crate inside the chicken coop so they can talk but can't get to her but it's winter out now with temps in the 20's so she is in the house. I stopped giving her the meloxicam 4 days into it because she fought me so hard and I was afraid she would injure herself further. I'm starting to think maybe she has a torn tendon. Still won't stand but can kick her legs hard and flap her wings when picked up. I am desperate and have been praying. I mixed up the electrolyte water for several days and have now switched to chicken vitamins with electrolytes in it. Don't see her drinking much and she has lost some weight. Crop is full. She enjoyed her bath and being blown dry on low of course. Please help.

Back
Top Bottom