Concerned About "Runt" Duckling Poop

Taebaebae2014

Chirping
Jun 25, 2019
A few weeks ago, something got to my 4 ducks. Three are missing & I found one on the side of my house with no head. I was devastated.
A couple weeks ago, I got 5 new babies. A cayuga, a mallard, a pekin, a welsh harlequin & a khaki campbell. We all know ducks grow very rapidly. However, my khaki hasn't grown at all! He runs around with the others, eats, drinks, everything! I thought maybe he could just be a runt. But over the last couple of days, I've noticed he has foamy, white, watery poop. Almost seems like nothing comes out but some foamy white stringy bubbles honestly. Is there something wrong with him? He doesn't seem sick but I put electrolytes & probiotics in the water just in case. I have attached a picture of the size difference for reference.
Side note: I refer to all my babies except Harley as males until I know otherwise. My harlequin is a female.

Attachments

• 924d53cb9c579f35ef5d2b255029b427.0.jpg
    924d53cb9c579f35ef5d2b255029b427.0.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to BYC!
But over the last couple of days, I've noticed he has foamy, white, watery poop. Almost seems like nothing comes out but some foamy white stringy bubbles honestly. Is there something wrong with him? H
That is not normal. Do you have a food scale that you can weigh it on?

I don't currently have a picture. I can try to get one though. I clean out their tote every morning & every evening. As of 3 days ago, they are mostly in the backyard while I'm home, fully supervised. Here's a picture I just took of the size difference. The others always seem to be protecting the khaki or something.

Attachments

• 20190625_213950.jpg
    20190625_213950.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom