Concerned About "Runt" Duckling Poop

I cleaned him off right after I took that picture. He was not a fan! It seems irritated. He pooped out some more of the white foamy stuff right after. I don't think he seems bloated but he does look a little "puckered" if you get what I mean.

Also attached is a picture of the poop. It actually had some substance this time but you can still see the mucous stuff around the sides & it is stringy up to his fluff. Which is probably why he keeps getting poop & gunk stuck to his rear. He's mostly bald around his exit from the nastiness. I'm trying to keep him clean but everytime he poops, stuff starts sticking to him again.

Attachments

• 20190625_230141.jpg
    20190625_230141.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190625_230302.jpg
    20190625_230302.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 18
Thank you! I feel bad doing it because he hates it but I can't just leave him like that! They are currently on meatbird & chick starter-grower. My local Rural King doesn't carry duck starter-grower even though they sell ducklings??? But I'm making a trip to Tractor Supply tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I saw some there last time I went. If so, I'll pick some up. Anything you recommend I pick up for my khaki? They were on plain water, changed 3 times a day (sometimes more) until today. I added probiotics & electrolyte packets to the water, which is why it's now orange.

Still small! Haha
But seriously, his poop seems to be thickening up a little but it still seems like he's straining a bit. And it still strings & sticks to him

Back
Top Bottom