Concerned Parent

How can you tell if she’s in pain
Well, I think there’s many signs. They don’t usually go around crying, but I had a bird with a sprained leg who would cry out if I made her put weight on it.
They often don’t want to move, and will sometimes not drink or eat.

Well, I think there’s many signs. They don’t usually go around crying, but I had a bird with a sprained leg who would cry out if I made her put weight on it.
They often don’t want to move, and will sometimes not drink or eat.
She eating good she does swak our when I pick her up & walk with her but she’s always done that.

So it’s been a week I’ve started the Vitamin B & the swims but she doesn’t seem to be getting better only worse. She doesn’t attempt to stand at all. When she moves around it’s limited she seems to slither around on her belly she’ll kick out with her feet to help move her forward but that’s it
I'm very sorry to hear about your duck @Fabfur . To let us help YOU, could you provide us with some additional information regarding the bird?

How old is she? What is she being fed? Do you have any pictures of her setup? Have you picked her up and inspected her legs to ensure they bend at the joints correctly? Is there any swelling, on the leg? If unsure you can use a caliper to measure compared to the good leg. Any discoloration, lesions, or warm spots? Is she currently eating, and drinking? What kind of substrate is she being kept on? Did the leg problems appear slowly over a few days, or overnight?

The video will be helpful. I see azygous was kind enough to explain how to post a video.

So the leg doesn’t seem to be the issue, the earliest Vet apt. I could get was Monday but I found an exotics vet taking me clients about an hr and a half from where I live. I have to pay an additional urgent care fee to get in before December. I’ll let you all know what they say

I'm very sorry to hear about your duck @Fabfur . To let us help YOU, could you provide us with some additional information regarding the bird?

How old is she? What is she being fed? Do you have any pictures of her setup? Have you picked her up and inspected her legs to ensure they bend at the joints correctly? Is there any swelling, on the leg? If unsure you can use a caliper to measure compared to the good leg. Any discoloration, lesions, or warm spots? Is she currently eating, and drinking? What kind of substrate is she being kept on? Did the leg problems appear slowly over a few days, or overnight?

The video will be helpful. I see azygous was kind enough to explain how to post a video.
So the leg doesn’t seem to be the issue, the earliest Vet apt. I could get was Monday but I found an exotics vet taking me clients about an hr and a half from where I live. I have to pay an additional urgent care fee to get in before December. I’ll let you all know what they say

For some odd reason, I never got the notification you replied back after my post. How is she doing, were you able to take her to a vet? If not, I may be able to suggest a few things.

So
For some odd reason, I never got the notification you replied back after my post. How is she doing, were you able to take her to a vet? If not, I may be able to suggest a few things.
the vet apt is today, I found an exotics vet about an hr & a half from me that was willing for an additional fee of course to see her before December. All local vets wouldn’t take new customers until January.
She’s alive & eating good still doing the 1ml of niacin a day & supervised swims twice a day but she can’t stand at all.

Back
Top Bottom