Condensation on Windows?

Yes, 35 for muscovies… and I wasn't sure where mine were in development because they were with a free-roaming hen in our neighborhood before a raccoon or something got her- but from the point I saw them move into the air cell (6/17 for 3 of them) it took 3 days to hatch.
It was an emergency to me at the time I found them, so the thread plus advice from others plus blow-by-blow developments are under the Emergencies topic, if that helps. I'm waiting up for egg #3 as we speak.

Wow guys (gals!) thanks so much! They came from a BYC member & the eggs are a mix of purebreds, muscovies was a possible breed. I've opened up the eggs that quit developing & all of them so far have been black (some with a little yellow) ducklings, if that helps. They don't really look ready to hatch from candling just now, they are some what able to still "float" in there. As for their air cells, one is intact & more 1/4 of the egg's overall size while the other is about the same but part of it travels down the side of the egg due to shipping. I'm pretty confident the temp has been good, except in the last week I believe both of my bators have dropped their set temp for some reason, making me have to bump it back up. So maybe that slowed their development up as well. Makes sense because I have chick eggs on day 10 that look more like they're on day 5 or so. Also I set them on May 24th...again thanks!

If they're still floating, they are not ready to hatch.
smile.png
Sounds like you've probably got scovies in there. Just in case there are other breeds in there, make sure you candle daily and if some of them stick bills up in the air cell, lock those down. Otherwise, hang in there--bring your humidity back down and keep turning.
smile.png

I just read your thread chickeepoo, Duck Norris, how hilariously cute! That's got to be perfect for him/her, lol...I hope your #3 hatches

Ok, will do! About 3/5 of the egg is black & in between the black & the aircell I can see limbs (or something) kicking- along with quite a few thick veins, so you must be right. I had no clue muscovies had a longer incubation time, makes me feel a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom