Confused about eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aldren90, Feb 9, 2011.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    If my eggs are 10 days old and are geese and duck eggs and have a air sack are they gonna hatch but I can still see the yolk and nothing else

2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    You might not be able to see good enough to tell if they are growing good or not.
    I would give them more time till you can tell by the eggs being dark from the chicks.
    Good luck!

3. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    A unfertile egg won't have a air sac. It will just look like a egg with a yolk in it floating around. If it is fertile it will get dark and the big end will have a air sac

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    When you say your eggs are 10 days old, do you mean they have been in the bator for 10 days? If so, you should be seeing veins developing. Please don't be mad, I have to ask, you do have a Gander and drake for fertilization? If so, they could just be young and not fertile yet. I hope this helps. Good luck. [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's not true, the air sac has nothing to do with a developing embryo. It 'forms' from evaporation of the contents of the eggs.

Most duck and goose eggs are white, if by day 10 you can't see any veins, chances are you aren't going to.

6. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    All I can see is that there is a yolk in side and when I move the egg on the light it follows and it isn't that dark and yes they have been in the gator for 10 days since they came out of the mommas behind the eggs have bulls eyes and I watched my geese and ducks mate so their fertile and all are over 1 year old and I CANNOT SEE ANY VEINS. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by