Confused about Golden Sex Link “Pullet”

Shelbysoobs

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2022
Hello, I’m new to chicken keeping and got 3 sexed pullets from a local hatchery with 98% accuracy. My friend chicken keepers have told me they never received an accidental roo from this place, so I was feeling confident in their assessment.. from my initial research my golden sex link will get reddish feathers if she is pullet whereas Roos get mostly white feathers. She is almost completely feathered out with red and white so she looks like she will be a hen, but her comb is growing quicker than her Easter egger siblings (3 wks 4 days) and I noticed a reddish tinge today to the base. She is 4 wks 4 days.. could she end up being a roo even with her coloring??

Attachments

• 7D09EE1F-B53F-46C0-ADC4-2B00B4438B04.png
    7D09EE1F-B53F-46C0-ADC4-2B00B4438B04.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • ACF718D8-F722-4C48-A5BF-C1CA6F939957.jpeg
    ACF718D8-F722-4C48-A5BF-C1CA6F939957.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 11
Hello, I’m new to chicken keeping and got 3 sexed pullets from a local hatchery with 98% accuracy. My friend chicken keepers have told me they never received an accidental roo from this place, so I was feeling confident in their assessment.. from my initial research my golden sex link will get reddish feathers if she is pullet whereas Roos get mostly white feathers. She is almost completely feathered out with red and white so she looks like she will be a hen, but her comb is growing quicker than her Easter egger siblings (3 wks 4 days) and I noticed a reddish tinge today to the base. She is 4 wks 4 days.. could she end up being a roo even with her coloring??
I would say it’s too early to tell! Regarding the comb.. Sex Links have a bigger comb than EE anyway so that could be what’s going on there! I have both breeds and my SL has a really good size comb whereas my EE have barely any. ☺️ In the next few weeks keep an eye on “her” saddle feathers and those legs! My gut is telling me girl! 😂🙌🏻🐓

I would say it’s too early to tell! Regarding the comb.. Sex Links have a bigger comb than EE anyway so that could be what’s going on there! I have both breeds and my SL has a really good size comb whereas my EE have barely any. ☺️ In the next few weeks keep an eye on “her” saddle feathers and those legs! My gut is telling me girl! 😂🙌🏻🐓
Thank you so much!!! You’ve just made my day! Can’t have Roos in the burbs, can only have a max of 3 hens, and the feed store will only sell a minimum of 3 chicks, so my 2 EEs would be all alone if I needed to rehome the GSL.

Back
Top Bottom