Confused with a White Egg? with my brown egg layers?

Th84

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 24, 2015
I am kind of confused, my existing flock are all brown eggs layers, I wanted to add a few more so I bought 6 new young pullets a few months back, well yesterday as always I went to collect my brown eggs, but this time I found a white mystery egg, I about left it because my fake ones in the nest are white, so then again today I ended up with another white egg. Well when I got these new ones, I wanted a few barred rocks and white rocks and then what looks to be a black sex link., but the guy put them into the box and I didn't pay attention, but once they started growing I realized I didn't have barred rocks, people said I had Delaware's , and white rocks and a black sex link. Now the one in the photo I did manage to catch laying in the nesting box tonight. Now what I researched when those told me I had Delewares says that they lay brown eggs........so thats what I am confused about. Unless my White Rocks are laying white eggs which I read they lay brown to unless they aren't really white rocks lol, also I was told that they are silver sussex on some chicken Facebook pages, I may also have leghorns or who knows.

The photo below is of all of the 6 new ones I am speaking of in the post.

Those aren't Delawares, they're mixed breed birds with some barred ancestry.

Is the egg white-white, like a store bought egg? Or a creamy color? Cream is a variation on brown, so can come from a brown egg layer.

The lacing on the tail and on some of the neck feathers indicate some Columbian pattern history in the cross. If the man where you bought your birds had any Wyandotte in his flock, that could explain both the color on the bird and the egg. They lay a brown egg that ranges from off white to a light brown.

Now that you mention it, I placed the fresh egg next to the store bought (Mother n laws, because she won't eat fresh as of now thinking there is a baby in it), but I do notice a color difference.

Back
Top Bottom