Confused with lockdown date

Duemig10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Garner, NC
We picked up some eggs locally and put them in the bator on the 10/5 (Tuesday)....Had 18 eggs..Just candled tonight and 16 are good to go. We are confused with the lockdown date to take off the egg turner. Does Wednesday count as day 1 in the bator? Making Saturday the 18th day to come off the turner?

Thanks

Thanks...I will be taking these eggs out of my home made bator (forced air) and putting them in lock down in a Little Giant (still air) on Saturday then because I have other eggs in my homemade bator and can't change the humidity...What would be the correct temp and humidity level be?....I used my cpu fans I had to fix my homemade bator, but I can get another one by Saturday and make my Little Giant a forced air again. Or would it be ok to keep it forced air? I have it running now getting it ready and the temp stays at 99-100 and the humidity is at 71%....What would be the correct temps be for still and forced air and which would be better?

The eggs are Lav Orpington

Thanks again

Last edited:
is it ok to swap them over? as long as conditions are met

i would like to knock up a new forced air with the bulbs hidden ready for hatch day. as my bator is good but humidity is hard as there is little area for the water. making a new one would be easier for me

when you take out your turner is it ok to then lay them on there side for hatching? my turner is a tilter or would i need to put them back into a paper carton

The Humidity has been staying at 50 -55 in my incubator...... I will add the fan back to the little giant to make it a forced air...What temp and humidity level would so suggest keeping it at once I move them over to the little giant for lockdown?

OK...I just installed the cpu fan into the Little Giant...So now it is a forced air bator once again , blowing down on the eggs.....Any suggestions on temp and humidity once I transfer the eggs from my incubator into this?

Thanks

Just keep the wells full and you could use some sponges to keep humidity up. Keep at 99.5 and if anything, a little lower temp is better than too hot for hatch. I hatch everything at 98.5.

Thanks for all the help..I have it running now and should be able to have it stable by tomorrow for lockdown...Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom