connecting a mini digital thermostat to incubator?

DragonEggs

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
I have a home made styrofoam incubator that use to have a hot water heater lower thermostat which recently blew. I decided I wanted a digital thermosta, a bit more precise and after searching the the forums I saw one I liked that someone linked in a post. I bought one but for the life of me I can't figure out how to wire it to my heating element (flexwatt heat tape, plugs in and works just like a light bulb) and I can't find the post again or anything online that could help me figure it out... the directions aren't easy to understand either...
Has anyone used one of these or would know how to connect it?

Neutral from wall plug/power to #4
Hot from wall plug/power to #3
Jumper wire from #3 to #1
One wire from heat tape to #4
Other wire from heat tape to #2
Thermal resistor sensor to #5 & #6

I have a home made styrofoam incubator that use to have a hot water heater lower thermostat which recently blew. I decided I wanted a digital thermosta, a bit more precise and after searching the the forums I saw one I liked that someone linked in a post. I bought one but for the life of me I can't figure out how to wire it to my heating element (flexwatt heat tape, plugs in and works just like a light bulb) and I can't find the post again or anything online that could help me figure it out... the directions aren't easy to understand either...
Has anyone used one of these or would know how to connect it?

Mine just arrived today! They are going into a cabined incubator I am building. You are right about the directions.....not real clear. But I loved the price tag, and they look really cool too.

Neutral from wall plug/power to #4
Hot from wall plug/power to #3
Jumper wire from #3 to #1
One wire from heat tape to #4
Other wire from heat tape to #2
Thermal resistor sensor to #5 & #6

Thanks! That seems idiot proof! I'll give it a try today!
Mainly I'm trying to keep it so everything has only 1 plug so I'm not having to use too many outlets. I've got the fan and the heat tape running off the same plug but I had to split it and attach the fan to a converter so it wouldn't burn out

Yeah.....I've spent hours looking at them...and nothing shows what I need....or more likely I just can't figure it out... Oh well...I'll keep trying.
thanks

I tried to connect this to my two bulb as a source of heat but unfortunately my thermostat burnt out,i dont know whether i have to use 12 dc volt as adapter

Back
Top Bottom