constructing a single chicken family unit for porch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life for any chicken can be tuff. He lived well most of his life and does have offspring that will fill same role although they will not be range.

FRONT PORCH GUARDIANS: PRESENT AND FUTURE

Getting heads together figuring out how to give Mr. Fox a hard time in 2012 and beyond.
41527_present_and_future_front_porch_guardians_asleep.jpg

Quote:
Very well indeed. He has the front porch flock to watch from sun room window as they molest his mothers bird feeders. At night he can watch the cichlids engage in warfare over breeding sites. He has it pretty good.

Quote:
I just got done reading this thread, It's a very good study! IMHO. Very nice son you have, dog not so bad itself<BG>. Good luck with the front porch flock and keep us updated on all.

Thanks scott

I have read this whole thread and find it very interesting. Sorry to hear about the losses in the front porch family. Congrats on the beautiful new baby in your familly.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG

Speach was wondering about separate from rest of front porch about 30 minutes before roost time. Balance of flock was picking over feeding stations except for Tippy that follows me about. Something did not look quite right with Speach. He seemed to walk with a slight limp. I tossed some feed down for him which he began to eat. Tippy approached and began to eat as well but seemed scared of Speach even though he made no signals of aggression I could detect. I went inside and watched Speach for a bit before sitting down for supper. When went out to check the roost everyone was present except for Speach. I looked all for an hour before finding Speach under car. Something is very wrong with although his weight is excellent. Either he has what has been temporarily affecting by birds causing brief, several days, inability to walk and fly or he is coming down with Mareks disease. He is now in the garage and will be held there until he improves or passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom