Construction style?

Quote:
You must be building a raised coup that can not be walked into then. Otherwise 3 sheets would not siding it. Mine would require 7, 2 front, 2 back, 1.5 each side. 6x8 will not waste much if done right. You are correct there is more cutting and in my case that is where the waste usually occurs. I always seem to be that guy that measures twice, cuts once, and then buys another piece of wood to replace the once I just cut wrong! My wife says my end results are good because of all the prcatice I get by doing everything twice!

7 sheets at about $28 = $196. If total cost of the coup (for the things I need) is about $600 then I guess it's really 1/3 the cost of the coup. Quite a lot in my opinion.

I looked at siding possibilities for my house (still in design stage) and have tentively decided to use 4x8 sheets of 5/8" Yellow Pine siding from RP Lumber. It's $25. a sheet, but is still cheaper and much thicker than the siding Lowes sells. (I think theirs was $27. and was only about 3/8" thick....)

Birdicu7 - thanks for that tip on fasteners for treated lumber! Are you referring to joist hangers, nails or both?

Quote:
Yes, I did build a raised one. Mostly for cost reasons, but also to give the birds a shady spot in the middle of the day.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom