Ended Contest #3 Cutest Baby Fowl - 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
not for contest. Just wanted to show the polish I'm raising

Last edited:
not for contest. Just wanted to show the polish I'm raising

Nice looking bird, makes me want to post the pictures of the Polish I can't wait to get rid of. Next time I think about raising a Polish some one reminds me how this time went. I should have taken up raising "bricks" they are smarter then my Polish are.

Nice looking bird, makes me want to post the pictures of the Polish I can't wait to get rid of. Next time I think about raising a Polish some one reminds me how this time went.  I should have taken up raising "bricks"  they are smarter then my Polish are.
It's my first time with Polish breed. I'm happy so far. She seems as smart as the rest so far. I hope it's a girl anyway

Nice looking bird, makes me want to post the pictures of the Polish I can't wait to get rid of. Next time I think about raising a Polish some one reminds me how this time went.  I should have taken up raising "bricks"  they are smarter then my Polish are.

I call my sultans (similar to polish) dumb poofies, and it fits them... I keep them around cos they make me laugh, but sometimes their brains or lack thereof are rather annoying. Like when I have to go for a trek through the weeds to rescue one of them that got lost free ranging. :rolleyes:

I call my sultans (similar to polish) dumb poofies, and it fits them... I keep them around cos they make me laugh, but sometimes their brains or lack thereof are rather annoying. Like when I have to go for a trek through the weeds to rescue one of them that got lost free ranging. :rolleyes:

I really wanted some of these too and now I'm having doubts. They would definitely get lost out here and I would hate to keep them in a pen unless sleeping. Do they make you laugh more than cry?

I really wanted some of these too and now I'm having doubts. They would definitely get lost out here and I would hate to keep them in a pen unless sleeping. Do they make you laugh more than cry?

If you trim their crests, they get back into their pens just fine. They're still ditzy, but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

If you want lap birdies you can pet and just have fun watching, I would totally recommend them... If you want range wary, high production birds with brains, nope.

I like to keep a mix of birds in my flock, so I can tell you they get along just smashingly with other birds. No arguments at all.

If you trim their crests, they get back into their pens just fine. They're still ditzy, but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

If you want lap birdies you can pet and just have fun watching, I would totally recommend them... If you want range wary, high production birds with brains, nope.

I like to keep a mix of birds in my flock, so I can tell you they get along just smashingly with other birds. No arguments at all.

My Polish rooster is so stupid he does not forage when I let him free range. He spends his day "courting" the women (unsuccessfully) or chasing the Yoki and pulling on his tail.

They do make a person laugh. At night I have to hunt him down, which is not hard because he is roosting on a stump 18 inches off the ground in the middle of an open pasture most night. Then I have to set him next to a feed dish with the lights on because his crop is empty.

Too dumb to be alive.

My Polish rooster is so stupid he does not forage when I let him free range. He spends his day "courting" the women (unsuccessfully) or chasing the Yoki and pulling on his tail.

They do make a person laugh.    At night I have to hunt him down, which is not hard because he is roosting on a stump 18 inches off the ground in the middle of an open pasture most night.  Then I have to set him next to a feed dish with the lights on because his crop is empty.

Too dumb to be alive.

OMG I'm getting some just for laughs! The boys will have fun toting them around if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom