1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Contest # 4: Edible Easter Contest for the 7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ok, another super cool entry!! That is so doggone cute!

I might not get an entry in after all. I still can't bend or flex my wrist and this contraption I'm wearing makes sure of that. I'll probably get the Beast removed from my arm tomorrow at my followup appointment but I still have to limit motion for a bit longer. My idea called for forming Rice Krispie treats but that kind of manipulation just isn't possible, and won't be for awhile. I could change directions I guess and do something else, but you know how it is when you have a definite plan in mind and have to switch gears - can't come up with a single thing.

I could ask Katiebug to come over and help me make and form the Rice Krispie treats, but a cold is running through their household (Kendra is really sick with it) and I don't need to be exposed to that right now either. So unless I come up with a surprise, I think I'll be a spectator this time around, which is fun too!

2 people like this.
  2. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Love all the entries!! Me daughter said we have to make one - so...I guess I'll see if she and I can maybe squeeze something out this weekend! :) She LOVES chickens, baking and decorating!

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    I love the chocolate eggs!

Nice job.

[​IMG]

4. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom Premium Member

Awesome sauce!

5. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

That is really adorable! You did a great job! I'm impressed with the chickens head, and the scale (size) is done very well too!

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2! I wish one of my girls laid Cadbury eggs.

7. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    :love Great job! I love how you textured the frosting for the feathers. I was planning on making a full size chicken myself but I don't think I want to compete now! :bow

8. mvawdre2

mvawdre2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    Thank! I hope so too. Maybe I'll get brave and try buying some hatching eggs to incubate

9. mvawdre2

mvawdre2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    You should still make one! It was super fun to make, which is saying a lot because I'm usually not that into baking.

10. Ballerina Bird

Ballerina Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by